Chapter 27

After the party

Eira's POV

"What the heck is going on?" I asked Neal as soon as we were in a room.

"I told you to think about it!" Neal said. "Remember?"

"Well, do you honestly think you can do this without even talking to me?" I demanded, pointing a finger at him. "I didn't even give you my answer!"

"Look, Eira." He made me sit down. "This is going to happen. We can peacefully exist with each other."

"Look, this cannot happen." I said, keeping a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Neal."

"No, everybody already knows. By tomorrow, it'll be in the Entertainment section of the newspaper." He said. "Plus, I can help you coming to terms with Hardik!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Hardik broke your heart and I know you must be feeling sad and depressed but I promise I can help you." He said, holding my palm. I pulled my hands out of his grasps.

"Neal, we spoke." I said.

"You and Hardik? When?" He asked, bewildered. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was!" I said, getting up from the sofa. "But then you jumped on the topic of bloody marriage!"

"I'm sorry." He said. "It cannot be reversed, Eira. I'm a safer option!"

"But you're not him!" I shouted, tired. "I don't want to marry out, I don't want to be your wife."

"I'm sorry, Eira." He said, coming closer. "The contract's been written and everything is done. You have to marry me."

"A contract?" I practically seethed. "Who did this?"

"Your brother." He said. "He thought since we loved each other." He wandered off.

"We-" I pushed him away. "Don't love each other. You love Sanya. Who even told him that we loved each other?" I said, looking at him.

He started looking guilty.

"Why would you do that?!" I shouted at him. "Why?!" I said, tears outlining my eyes.

"Why does it matter Eira? Hardik's happy with Ananya and we could be happy!"

"Because we like each other!" I finally cracked, tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Why hasn't he broken up with Ananya, then?" He asked, coming closer. "Face it, he doesn't want to brake her heart. We're better off with each other."

Hardik's POV

I'm going to tell Ananya today, I am. I have to tell her.

I can't lose Eira.

We were meeting at Nueva today and I planned to tell it to her, however long it may take.