c h a p t e r f o u r

-

"In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity."  

-

When Hermione woke up, she was still curled up in the chair with the soulmate book on her lap. She frowned slightly when she saw it, remembering why she was reading it in the first place but she just sighed and got up, making her way towards the kitchen.

She only just got a tea bag from the cupboard and started making a cup of tea when there was a distinguished 'pop' behind her. Hermione turned around only to be faced with a grinning Harry.

"Heya 'Mione!" he chirped. Hermione raised an eyebrow at the boy but Harry ignored her and carried on talking, "I'm taking Ginny on a date and I need your help."

She tried to suppress a groan, she really did. It just didn't turn out too well. Harry stared up at her, still grinning, waiting for her response.

"Isn't Ginny continuing 7th year at Hogwarts?"
"I got McGonagall's permission to take her out to Hogsmeade tomorrow night."
"Isn't that still against the rules?"

Harry threw his arms up into the air with an exasperated sigh, "I got rid of Voldemort, Hermione! These people owe me their lives, nevermind an evening with my girlfriend!"

Hermione smirked at him and shook her head but started to cave in anyway. She didn't know a lot about dates but as long as it made her best friend happy, she was willing to try.

"Alright, I'm in."

-

The rest of the day was spent with Hermione and Harry sitting on her couch in her living room, going through numerous cups of tea trying to think of the perfect night for Ginny.

"I just want her to let loose for the night and have fun for the first time since the war ended, you know?"

Hermione did know, she knew exactly how it felt. The hunger for happiness and positive memories, anything to outweigh the haunted thoughts.

"So what are the plans? A romantic dinner?" Hermione suggested, using wandless magic to stir her tea with a spoon.
"No, that's too cliché." said Harry.
"Dinner and a trip to a muggle movie theater?"
"Hogsmeade only."

Hermione frowned and the pair sat in silence for a few moments before her face lit up with an idea.
"Maybe take her to Hogsmeade, have some dinner and then use your brooms to fly to a secluded area and unwind or something?" she asked.

Harry sipped his tea and nodded, a faint knowing grin glowing on his skin. 
After a few hours of talking, Harry had decided that he had to leave and prepare for the date which left Hermione with nothing to do.

She ended up deciding to carry on her research.

Little did she know, however, Draco was doing the exact same thing.

-

Draco woke up at ten am with a pounding headache.

He had a glorious hour of sleep until he woke up because of another nightmare at two am. He decided to brew himself a dreamless sleep potion but the only problem was that he would always get  headaches whenever he did this.

But with his nightmares, it was usually worth it.

"Time to wake up, sleeping beauty!" sung Blaise, flouncing into the room and prodding Draco on his side.
He immediately sat up at the gesture and realized that Blaise somehow got past his lock charms.

Bellatrix taught him them during the war so he didn't know how someone as dim as Blaise would be able to break it. "How did you get in?" he slurred, still not fully awake.