c h a p t e r t w e n t y s i x

-

"Just because someone stopped loving you doesn't mean you are no longer worthy of being loved."

-

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Hermione smiled at the boy next to her and nodded, "I'll have to do it sooner or later anyway."

Draco smirked as Hermione sat up in the bed. "Isn't nine am too early for Potter?" he asked, propping his body up with his elbows.

Hermione hummed as she got out of the bed and got a hairbrush.
"Actually," she began, "I think Harry has work today. I should probably do it now."

Draco chuckled and shook his head, "If you say so, Granger."

She picked up a pillow from the chair and threw it at him. "Now, if you don't mind, i'm gonna pop over to mine to get some clothes and then i'll go deal with Harry." she said.

Draco scoffed and threw the pillow back. "Okay."
"I'll bring you these clothes back lat-"
"Don't bother. You look hotter in my clothes than i do."

Hermione rolled her eyes but she couldn't help but smile.
"I'll see you later then, Malfoy."
"Bye, Granger."

-

"Hermione, I really must get going." Harry sighed. Hermione grabbed his arm and sent him a glare, "I wouldn't be stopping you if this wasn't important."

Harry let out a small groan and ran a hand through his messy hair.
"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm kind of seeing someone but i'm worried about telling you who because you're not gonna like it."
"Just rip the bandage off."
"It's Malfoy."
"Put the bandage back on."

Hermione smiled at him and Harry simply shook his head.
"Are you soulmates?"
"Yes."
"Is he an evil bastard?"
"Not anymore."
"Well as long as you're happy..." he hesitated.

Hermione pulled him into a hug and tried to ignore the sick feeling at the bottom of her stomach when he hugged her back.

"Does Ron know?" asked Harry.
"He does now!" said a voice from the doorway. Harry and Hermione pulled apart and stared at Ron who was staring at Hermione.

"Hermione, you don't want to get into it with Malfoy. The guy's one horcrux away from being a super villain." he glared at her.

Hermione simply shrugged. "It's not like i have a choice, Ron."

He sighed and shook his head, "Just promise me you'll be careful."
"And be sure to use condoms." Harry chimed in.

"Harry!" Hermione and Ron said in unison. Harry put his hands up and took a step back. "We may be romantically bonded but technically we're not dating." she said.

"Do you want to be?" Ron asked.
Hermione stared at the floor for a few moments before looking up at the two boys and shrugging, "You know what? I think I might."

-

"Guess what I found out from Pansy and Blaise." Draco said when Hermione apparated back into his bedroom. She raised her eyebrow as she slipped out of her flats.
"What?"

"Soulmates can tell when the other is talking or thinking about them." he smirked. Hermione's eyes widened slightly and Draco laughed.
"Can they tell what the other is saying?" she asked.

The boy shrugged. "It probably depends on the strength of the bond."
"You could tell what i was talking about, couldn't you?" she sighed as she sat on the edge of the bed.