c h a p t e r t h i r t y t w o

-

"I had a dream, that when i woke up you were finally here."

-

present time

-

"Here, drink this." Hermione said, handing him a glass of water. He sat up and drank about half the glass before falling back onto the bed.

"Ok, well done. It's going to be on your bedside table if you want it, alright?" she said, placing it down. Draco just responded with incoherent muttering whilst Hermione looked around the room and sighed.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"
"Mhm."
"Can i grab something out of your wardrobe to wear then?"
"Mhm." he mumbled.

She ended up just wearing one of Draco's many black muggle shirts. She didn't mind though, they smelt like pine and peppermint. Hermione got into the bed and rested her head on his chest.

"Granger?" he asked, glancing down at the girl.
"Yeah?"
"Spoon me?"

Hermione sat up and raised an eyebrow but Draco just laughed and turned to lie on his side.
"You're insufferable. You know that?" she said, leaning to place her head in the crook of his neck.

"I love you." he said, slurring slightly.
"What?"
"Yep." Draco replied, not noticing how still Hermione had gone when she was hit with a sudden memory.

-

3 years ago

-

"I knew that sneaking out wasn't a good idea." Hermione sighed.
Draco fell onto his bed and turned to face her, "But it was sooooooo funnn!"

"That firewhisky wasn't a good idea either. You look wasted." she said.
Draco shrugged and opened his arms, "Spoon me?"

Hermione looked around the boys dormitory until her gaze landed back on Draco. "You wouldn't do this if you were sober, i don't think you want to do this drunk." she said, throwing the duvet over his body.

Draco groaned and sat up, crossing his arms, "Blaise said my true self comes out when i'm drunk." Hermione raised her eyebrow, "Okay? And?"

"And my true self wants you to spoon me!" he said, grinning at her. Hermione ran a hand through her hair and looked between Blaise and Theo. "What if they wake up and see me?" she asked, gesturing towards the boys.

"Just do it for five minutes and then leave. Easy!" he chuckled, lying back down on his side.

Hermione scoffed and pulled her tie off, getting into the bed. She wrapped her arm around his waist and placed her head in the crook of his neck.
"You're insufferable. You know that?"

"And you're beautiful." he slurred.
"You're drunk, you should probably try get some s-" she began, but she was interrupted by Draco.

"Yes i am drunk, and you are beautiful. Tomorrow morning i'll be sober and we'll pretend to despise each other but you-" he let out a small hiccup, "-will still be beautiful, Granger."

-

present day

-

"Hermione, time to get up." Draco whispered. Hermione opened her eyes and when she saw it was Draco, she just scoffed and closed her eyes again.