c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

-

"Is the world really beautified by the fact that man thinks it beautiful? He has humanized it, that is all."

-

pop

Hermione and Draco apparated into some alleyway. "Are you sure this is safe?" he asked, looking around.
"Not at all, hurry up before we get killed." she replied, taking his arm.

The two walked out onto the bustling streets of London and looked around. It was busy to say the least.

"Where's the restaurant?" Draco questioned. Hermione glanced around the London streets until she spotted the building. "Follow me."

They walked closely together and Draco had his hand on the small of her back to make sure that they didn't get lost in the crowd.

"Here we are." she said, looking at the building in front of them. It was quite large and full of people but it already felt cozy. "Name?" the man with the reservations asked.

"Hermione Granger, table for 2." she smiled. The man nodded and led them through the door as Draco looked around the room. He had never been to a muggle restaurant.

The man had taken the two to a table along the left side of the restaurant. There were only a few quiet couples around - the families were spaced around on the other side of the room.

Draco pulled the chair out for Hermione who raised an eyebrow at his action. "I'm pretty capable, Draco." she laughed. A tint of pink crept up his neck as he muttered an apology and sat down at his own seat. "Malfoy habits die hard."

A waiter brought two menus over. One of which Draco picked up and stared at; he didn't know what half of the things were. "Granger? What do you recommend?" Draco asked, scanning the menu.

"The pizza is a childhood favourite. I used to come here every month and i would always order the same margarita pizza." she said, a faint smile tugging at her lips as she relived the memories.

"Are you two ready to order?" the waitress asked as she got her notepad out. "A margarita pizza and a glass of water please." Hermione said, placing the menu back on the table. The waitress jotted down her order and turned to Draco, "What about you sir?"

"The same as her, please." he smiled. Draco didn't smile often but she could tell he was doing it purely to be polite. The smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Granger?" he paused as he waited for Hermione to look up. "Is this a date?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the boy in front of her. "It's whatever you want it to be."

"I think i might want it to be a date." he said, smirking when Hermione averted her stare. She smiled and nodded nevertheless, "A date it is then, but on one condition."

"There's always a catch!" Draco groaned. Hermione laughed and he shook his head, "What's this one condition then?"

"It's quite easy actually." she began as a grin spread across her face, "You just have to call me Hermione."

-

"This pizza shit is amazing!" Draco said as he picked another piece up with his fork. "Come here." Hermione laughed as she leaned across the table and wiped the corner of his mouth with a napkin.