c h a p t e r t w e n t y f i v e

-

"You won't heal by going back to what broke you."

-

20/6

Dear Draco,

Your father and i have decided it is about time we moved back home. We will need you to find some new house elves as we are moving into the manor.

I expect that you have been keeping the manor at the normal Malfoy standards.

We will be arriving tomorrow evening so make sure everything is ready.

I can't wait to see you darling!

Yours sincerely, your mother Narcissa.

-

"What are you doing on my couch, Draco?" Hermione questioned as she walked into the living room.

Draco didn't say anything. He simply raised the letter in the air and waited for Hermione to take it. She raised an eyebrow at his behaviour but refrained from commenting on it as she read the letter.

"Your parents are coming back to England?" she asked, handing it back to him.
"Yes." he replied simply.
"They don't know about me?"
"No."

Hermione sighed and sat next to the boy. "Are you alright?"
Draco looked up at her and shrugged, "The man I hate is coming home and so are my Mother's unrealistically high standards." he said, resting his head on her shoulder.

"How long have you been sat here?" she asked, oblivious to his actions.
He made a small humming sound. "Ever since an owl delivered me this sodding letter at the crack of dawn." Draco replied.

Hermione laughed slightly and shook her head, "What are you going to do?"
"She'll probably care about the soulmate thing. I don't really know what to do about that." he said.

"How are you going to tell them? Are you going to do it over time or-"
"Over dinner. i'll do it so suddenly they won't be able to comprehend what i just told them." interrupted Draco.

He sat up and Hermione raised her eyebrows. "I'm going to be involved aren't I?" she groaned.
Draco smirked and nodded slowly, "What else did you expect?"

-

"Draco darling! It's so lovely to see you again!" Narcissa said, wrapping her arms around the boy. Draco gave her a stiff smile and nodded, "It's nice to see you too, Mother."

Hermione had helped Draco prepare for the arrival of his parents. Although reluctant, she sorted him out with house elves which were willing to work for his family.

Draco had come up with a plan and as much as she was sure that it wouldn't work, Hermione was willing to try. She felt like she would do anything for him.

"Dinner should be ready in 15 minutes." he said once Narcissa let go.
"Brilliant!" she replied, giving him a smile, "I will be sure to let your father know."

Hermione came out from behind the curtains when Narcissa left the room.
"Even i felt your false enthusiasm." she muttered as she straightened out her deep burgundy dress.

He ignored her and smirked, "Nice dress, Granger." She rolled her eyes but she could feel a rush of red creeping up her cheeks.