c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n

-

"You're like perfection."

-

a few days later

-

"Granger, I have a problem."

Hermione yawned and leaned on the door frame.
"What time is it?" she asked
"6:30pm." Draco said, tapping his foot impatiently.

"What's wrong?"
"I can't stay in my apartment."
"Why?"
"Uhm." Draco paused. He hadn't thought this far ahead. "There's a bug infestation. I can't stay in my house for a month."

"Oh!" Hermione sighed, "You had me think that something bad happ- Do you need somewhere to stay?"

The boy ran a hand through his hair and smiled guiltily, "Well..."
"What about Pansy and Blaise? Don't they live with you?" she asked.
Draco nodded, "They did. They moved out recently."

"Well, alright then." she said, opening the door wider, "Stay as long as you need."

Draco nodded and muttered something about going to get some clothes. As soon as he walked through his own door, a wide grin spread across his face.

She bought it.

-

"What the fuck is a movie?"
"Language, Draco. I'll show you."

Hermione turned to face her open cupboard and got out a bag of popcorn kernels.

"We need to eat corn in order to watch a movie?" questioned Draco.
Hermione hid a smile as she shook her head, "This isn't corn, it's popcorn."

"It has it in the name! I was close enough!" he huffed.

Hermione ignored him as she placed the kernels into a pot on the stove and turned it on. "Why don't you keep an eye on the popcorn whilst i go choose a movie?" Hermione said.

Draco seemed a bit hesitant, but nodded nevertheless and wandered over to the stove.

-

Hermione ended up choosing Titanic. She had seen it with Harry in the muggle cinema a couple of years prior but she didn't mind watching it again. She purely just wanted to see Draco's reactions.

"Wait, so the ship ends up sinking?" Draco asked, walking over to the couch with the bowl of popcorn.
"Well, I mean," Hermione began, as she fiddled with the TV settings, "you'll have to wait and see i'm afraid."

He let out a small groan but refrained from saying anything else by busying himself with the popcorn.

He walked around the couch and sat down on the right hand side. After Hermione got the TV to show the settings screen, she took the remote and sat next to him.

Not too close but not too far either.

The movie started playing and Hermione glanced at Draco who was hunched over the bowl, furrowing his eyebrows. "So this is a muggle job? To hang around in this box all day? What sort of magic is this?" he said, clearly startled by what he was seeing.