c h a p t e r f o r t y

-

"I love you too much to hurt you with the truth."

-

"And where were you, might i ask?"

The voice startled Draco as he tried to silently get into bed without waking Hermione.

He obviously didn't succeed.

Hermione turned the light on and stood by the doorway with her arms crossed, waiting for an answer.

"I can explain-"
"Don't worry about it, but what did your mother say?"

Draco smiled at her in gratitude as she sat down next to him. "It's a bit of a long story i suppose but basically  Lucius killed his soulmate."
"He killed your biological mother?"
"It's Lucius. Are you really that surprised?"

Hermione gave him a flat smile and sighed. "How do you feel?" she asked, taking his hands into her own.
"Physically, i'm fine now. Emotionally, it's a lot to take it." he shrugged.

She turned her body to face him and dropped his hands, cupping his face instead, "You are truly one of the strongest people I know."
"I-"
"No, let me finish. This is just another obstacle that you will easily pass. I will be there for you, I just need you to understand that you don't have to do this alone."

Draco didn't say anything. He just stared at Hermione who wasn't sure whether she should turn away or carry on staring at his eyes.

Before she could make a decision, Draco brought their lips together.

The kiss started out slow and he intended to keep it that way, but it wasn't long before it turned into something more.

Draco bit her lip and he couldn't help but curl his arms around her body, lifting her up when she let out a small moan. Hermione wrapped her legs around his waist as he pressed her up against the bedroom wall.

He left a trail of kisses along her jawline, muttering 'god i love you.' when he reached her ear. She squirmed slightly but it definitely didn't make her want to stop.

Draco pulled away for a few moments, letting Hermione drop down to stand on her feet. He stared at her lust-filled eyes, not quite realising that he became the one being pressed against the wall. 

He was overtaken by surprise for a few moments before smirking and leaning in to kiss her bare collarbone. "What a Gryffindor move." he muttered against her skin. Hermione giggled at the feeling of his warm breath on her neck and tugged at the material of his shirt.

He pushed Hermione away lightly and pulled the shirt over his head, bringing the girl back in when all he had on was his usual sweatpants.

"It's three am. Are you sure we should be doing this?" she whispered.
"Yes, Granger." he replied, playfully rolling his eyes.

Hermione smiled and was about to lean in again when Draco paused.

He'd just remembered something.

-

3 years ago

-

"Alright, Draco. I think I might head to bed now. It's getting kind of late." Hermione said, putting her books in her bag.

She turned to face the boy to say goodbye when she suddenly felt his lips on hers.

The kiss happened so quickly Hermione wasn't so sure that it had happened at all.