c h a p t e r t e n

-

"You're the reason, the only reason."

-

"Oh come on Ron. Why do you even hate him so much? I mean, he's clearly moved on from hating you." Hermione huffed, twirling the end of her hair.

Ron stared at her, slightly bewildered, "Are you fraternising with the enemy?"
"The enemy? Are you kidding me?"

Hermione and Ron were sitting across from each other in Harry's dining room. Although Hermione told Draco that she was sure they weren't soulmates, she wasn't actually certain.

She had decided that even if there was no need for her best friends to get along with her potential soulmate, she would atleast try to end their feud with Draco (and some Slytherins whilst they were at it).

"Alright, tea for Ron and water for 'Mione!" Harry said, walking in and placing down the drinks on the table. He sat down next to the girl and looked between Hermione and Ron who were glaring at each other.

Ron was first to break his gaze and when he saw that Harry had sat next to Hermione, he wasn't impressed.

"Oh! So now you're fraternising with the enemy too!" Ron yelled, getting up from his seat.
"First Draco, now me? Merlin's beard Ron! It was just a suggestion!" retorted Hermione who also got up from her seat.

"You guys were talking about Draco?" Harry said, getting up merely out of confusion. Ron blinked at Harry and his mouth opened slightly. "Are you on a first name basis with him too?"

"First name bas...? Can someone just tell me what I missed?" he sighed.
Hermione shot Ron a glare but he ignored her and kept his stare fixed on Harry, "Hermione suggested we try to get in touch with Malfoy so we can 'fix our broken amends' or some bollock!"

Harry didn't get a chance to reply because Hermione said, "Well excuse me for trying to move on from the past!" before she apparated somewhere.

She didn't know where, but she knew it was the right place to go.

-

Hermione appeared in a room completely covered in books. It strangely reminded her of the Hogwarts library even though it looked barely anything like it.

She looked around and she saw many shelves stacked with books ordered in alphabetical order. Hermione wandered towards a desk which was pushed to the side. It was made out of dark wood and there were several ink pots and abandoned quills lying around.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw some Hogwarts textbooks. She knew she definitely wasn't in Hogwarts, so where was this place?

Grabbing the closest book to her (which happened to be Advanced Potion Making), Hermione flicked to the first page.

Written across the page in neat cursive letters were the words "Property of Draco Malfoy." She immediately shut the book and grabbed a different one which was Hogwarts: A History.

Again, she opened the first page and the same words were written in the same handwriting.

Hermione sat down in a chair which was tucked under the desk and she flicked through the book. There wasn't anything too questionable until she reached the chapter all about the Room of Requirement.