c h a p t e r s i x

-

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."

-

After her incident with Malfoy, Hermione had given up with the idea of going outside. She waited on the stairs for another five minutes until she was sure Draco was back inside his home and then she trudged back up the steps she had fallen down moments before.

Hermione got out her keys and opened the door but the corridor was soon filled with her shrilled screams when she saw something transform into her parent's corpses. A Boggart.

She didn't even think, she just turned around and ran into number 25 which opened after exactly two knocks. She certainly didn't think when she ran through the door and into the dining room where 2 other Slytherin's were sitting at the dining table, eating what seemed to be pasta.

"Granger, what the hell?" said Malfoy, closing the door behind her. He walked round and sat at the table where Pansy and Blaise stopped eating to look up at her.

Draco simply just leant back in his chair and stared at her, clearly wanting answers.

Hermione was breathing at an uneven pace as she glanced around the room, her eyes not letting themselves adjust. She was sure she was hallucinating because she could of sworn she saw some worry flicker across Draco's eyes for a brief second.

"B-boggart." she stuttered, backing up against the wall and sliding down it so that she was now on the laminate floor. Draco tensed up at the mention of a Boggart and looked rather uncomfortably at Blaise who just shrugged and went back to eating his pasta.

"Where?" Draco asked, looking at Hermione who was still on the floor.
"In my dining room. It was in the form of my dead parents."
Pansy looked up at the mention of her parents and stared at her slightly confused, "Your parents died?"

Draco hit Pansy lightly on the back of her head but she just shrugged at him. "I don't recall Saint Potter or Weasel comforting her about dead parents, that's all."

Hermione glanced up at the three but immediately cast her gaze downwards when she saw them staring at her. "They're not dead, but they're as good as dead. I cast obliviate on them a while ago to protect them from Voldemort but they never got their memories back. I tried."

All three Slytherin's stared down uncomfortably at their half-eaten pasta until Blaise spoke up, trying to change the subject.

"Hey Draco, remember that time in third year when Lupin made you go against that Boggart in front of the class and it transformed into-" Blaise started but was soon cut short by when Draco stood up abruptly from his place, grabbing Hermione's arm and taking her into the corridor slamming number 25's door shut.

"You don't know what Blaise was on about, right?" Draco said, letting her arm drop back down to her side.

She shook her head at him, "Barely, it was such a long time ago."

Draco nodded but what he didn't know was that Hermione lied.

She did remember, and she remembered it quite well.

-

6 years ago

-

The tall wardrobe rattled violently, making a rather loud noise every time it swayed from one side to the other.

All the students gazed at it intently, ready for something unpredictable to jump out at them.
They just didn't know what it would be.

Professor Lupin looked around the room and smiled at how interested all of the students looked. "Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" he said, scanning the room until his eyes met Dean Thomas after a moment of hesitation.