c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o

-

"Work on you, for you."

-

Draco had decided to stay at the manor overnight. Hermione had seemed pretty irritated last time he saw her so Draco figured it would be best to let her relax a little.

He ended up sleeping in but even when he woke up he was still quite tired. Draco went downstairs into the kitchens to make himself some coffee but there was nothing in the cupboards.

He sighed and walked into Lucius' study instead. He grabbed a handful of floopowder and stood in the fireplace, said his address and disappeared into a cloud of green smoke.

Once Draco stepped out of his fireplace, his eyes imediately drifted to the couch. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Hello Hermione."

The girl didn't say hello back. She simply glared at him. "A bug infestation?" she asked, standing up. "Yes..." he replied weakly.

"Draco, when were you planning on telling me you made this whole thing up?" Hermione crossed her arms. Draco looked down at the floor.
"I wasn't." he muttered.

Hermione scoffed and shook her head, "Why though? Was this just some game to you?" 

Draco looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. "Of course not. I wanted to prove myself to you."
"Prove what to me?"
"That i'm not the same sick bastard that i was a few years ago!"

"So you decided to do that by lying?" she asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Hermione, you have to understand that i had good intentions," he began as he paced, "I mean, yes, i lied. But come on, a bug infestation? That's not even that bad!"

"A lie is still a lie Draco. You proved yourself to me years ago but you removed those memories so now i'm not sure what to believe." she said, sitting back down on the couch.

Draco sat in a chair opposite her and put a hand over his head. "You know i didn't have a choice." he sighed.
"Oh yes! Draco Malfoy, ladies and gentlemen - the boy who had no choice!" she exclaimed. Draco winced slightly but didn't say anything.

"You know, i'm hoping this whole soulmate thing was a joke. I wouldn't want to end up with you for the rest of my life." Hermione laughed, standing up. She grabbed her coat off of the back of the couch and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, also standing up.
"Somewhere far away from you." Hermione slammed the door shut.

-

Draco didn't know where Hermione went but he also knew she was fine. Whether she liked it or not, they were still soulmates and Draco would be able to tell whether she was in danger.

So far, he didn't feel anything so he assumed that she probably went to Harry's or something.

It had been an hour since she walked out on him and he didn't really know what to do. Draco figured that he should probably collect all of his things from Hermione's apartment, but he was sure that using alohamora to open her door would make her mad.
Or atleast more than she already was.

But then again, it might make her happier not seeing any trace of him in her home.

In the end, he decided he would do it. Besides, all he was going to do was collect his clothes. Nothing else.

He opened his front door and looked right and left. It was an apartment block full of muggles, he knew he had to be careful.

After he was sure no one was going to come, he crept across the hallway and got his wand out of the backpocket of his jeans. Draco muttered the spell and the door opened with a click.

He walked into the apartment and saw shards from a ceramic plate and bits of cookie thrown across the floor. He furrowed his eyebrows as he knelt down to get a closer look.

There was a note that was ripped in half also lying near the broken plate. He picked it up and put the two pieces together.

Draco,
I'm sorry for being annoyed at you at the manor. It wasn't your fault i was dumb enough to obliviate my parents without doing any of my usual research.

When i came back from the manor, i was hit with a sudden memory. It was during one of our turoring sessions and you mentioned how much you loved cinnamon cookies so i made you some. Again, i'm sorry.
Hermione x

Draco glanced down at the pieces on the floor again and sighed. He muttered scourgify and the mess was cleared.

He walked through into the living room and found his stuff  folded in a neat pile on the left hand side of the couch. There was a note on top of the pile at read 'Figured you'd have somewhere to take these. -H'

Draco picked up the clothes and carried them into the bathroom where his toiletries were. Once he collected all of his things, he took a final glance around the apartment and walked out, knowing he probably wouldn't ever go back in again.

-

"Do you know where Harry is?"

Ron looked up from the TV and shrugged. "Ministry i think."

Hermione sighed and offered Ron her hand. "Get up Ronald. We're going out." He took her hand and stood up, raising an eyebrow.

"Going out like a date?" he asked.
The girl thought about for a few moments and shrugged. "Sure."

The two ended up going to some sort of club down in London. Hermione had been there before with Ginny. It wasn't too intense but after a drink, it would be enough to forget about Draco.

"Can you get us some drinks?" she asked, turning around to face Ron. He smiled and nodded, "Yeah, go find somewhere to sit."

Hermione wandered to the side of the club. It was still quite early, only about four pm, there weren't many people but Hermione was fine with that.

One of the reasons she rarely went to clubs was because of how claustrophobic the crowds made her feel.

Ron returned a few minutes later with two green drinks. "This reminds me of polyjuice potion." Hermione said, staring at the glass.

"I can promise you it's not." Ron laughed, taking a sip. Hermione smiled and drank the whole glass.

"I'm gonna go get another one." she said, standing up. "Hermione, maybe limit yourself a bit?" Ron suggested, taking her hand and making her sit back down.

"You're no fun, Ronald!" she laughed, standing up and walking away anyway.

-

"Why did you call us here, mate?" Blaise asked. Draco scratched the back of his head and shrugged. "I decided not to move out, so if you guys want, you can come back to live here."

Baise and Pansy looked at each other and before they got a chance to speak, Draco interrupted them. "Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to. It was just a suggestion. A really stupid suggestion..." he rambled.

"Shut up Draco." Pansy sighed. The boy looked down and muttered 'sorry'. Blaise raised his eyebrow and put a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright mate?" he asked.

Draco looked up and shrugged, "I suppose so."

Blaise and Pansy exchanged looks and the girl took his arm.
"Come on Dracey-Poo, we're gonna take you out to a club."

-

a/n lmfao this is so bad im-

anyways beef is coming so like, get ready

i hope you have/had a great day 💗