c h a p t e r t h i r t y

-

"I've been hurt but i'm still alive. I will rise again."

-

The night of the ball

-

"Draco, please use your own legs to stand." Hermione groaned as she struggled to hold the boy up. Draco simply laughed and clumsily held onto her.

"You're a very pretty stranger." he said, attempting to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Draco, i'm not a stranger. I'm your soulmate." she sighed, getting slightly impatient.

Draco let out a small gasp, followed by a laugh. "Well aren't i lucky man?"

Hermione stopped struggling and glared at him. "You won't be lucky when you're sober, let me tell you that."

The boy scoffed and let go of her shoulder. "That's mean!" he said, falling through the doorway.
He stumbled towards his bed before falling on top of it.

Hermione had barely walked through the door when he sat up and opened his arms wide, grinning at the girl, "Cuddle me."

She glared at him but groaned when he pouted sadly. "Even when drunk you're an arrogant arse." she said, walking up to the bed. She loosened his tie, undid his top button and was about to undo another button when Draco suddenly swatted her hand away.

"You can't go to bed like that, let me atleast get you changed." Hermione said. Draco ignored her and stood up.

"I'd much rather it be the other way round." he muttered, pulling her body towards him. Draco placed a kiss on her neck as his hands found their way to the girl's dress zipper.

Hermione pulled away from him.
"No. Not when you're drunk." she glared at him and he froze. Draco dropped his hands and stumbled back.

"I'm so sorry." he whispered, looking slightly disoriented. Hermione sighed and turned around, about to walk out the door when Draco looked up at her. "Don't leave me, i didn't mean t-" he began but Hermione interrupted him.

"I'm getting you a glass of water. When i come back, you're going to be under the covers ready for bed. You hear me?" she said, sending him another glare.

Draco nodded and tried to clumsily undo his belt buckle. Hermione shook her head and headed for the kitchen, not missing the ocasional curse word that left the boy's mouth.

-

7 hours earlier

-

Time had gone by considerably quickly. Before she knew it, it was the day of the ball and Hermione was shopping for dresses in Hogsmeade with Ginny.

"I feel like we should've done this sooner." Hermione sighed as she looked through some dresses on a rack.

"Sorry, it's just been hard to comprehend that it's been a normal year at Hogwarts." laughed Ginny. Hermione turned to face the girl and grinned. "I still can't believe you've graduated!" she said, letting out a small squeal.

Ginny smiled and nodded, "Yep. My next goal now is to a world-famous quidditch player."
"And that's exactly what you're going to be after we've found 2 stunning dresses for tonight!"

Hermione ended up going for a beige ball gown dress. It was quite short considering it was a ball gown, but she didn't really care. She liked the sheer sleeves and floral patterns.

(a/n picture of dress will be at the end of this chapter.)

Once the girls paid for their dresses, Hermione and Ginny apparated to her apartment.