c h a p t e r t h i r t y f i ve

-

"Why hurt someone whose only intention was to love you?"

-

"You did what?" Hermione asked, standing in front of Draco with her arms crossed.

Draco laughed and fell back onto the couch, "Your besties made me an auror."
"When did they manage to do that?"
"During our little play date."

Hermione sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "An auror is a dangerous job. You deal with a lot of dark magic." she said, sitting down next to him.

"Hermione, I was a full on death-eater for whole year when i was a teenager. I know what's what when it comes to dark magic." he explained.

Hermione frowned and shook her head, "I thought you were worried about people seeing you?"

Draco nodded and reached out to touch her arm. "That is why i want this, Hermione. If i do something good, people might finally see that i'm past all of the evil." he grinned.

Hermione looked up at the eager boy in front of her and sighed, "I don't want you getting hurt."

"And i won't. There's a mission in a few days and i'm going. Harry and Ron are going to be there so trust me when i say it'll be fine." smiled Draco.

"Alright, fine. Do it."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

-

"Alright, this is the auror department. My department is on the third floor if you need me, okay?" Hermione said, looking through her purse.

"I'll be fine." Draco laughed, pulling the girl in. She sent him a glare but it quickly turned into a smile. "Have a good time." she said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, that wasn't a goodbye kiss." he frowned. Hermione playfully rolled her eyes and shook her head, "You're going to be late."

"I don't care."
"Draco, i'll make it up later. Just go so that you're not late on your first day."
"You'll make it up later?" he repeated, raising his eyebrow.
"Yes. Bye for now."

Hermione gave him a quick hug and turned around, heading for her department.

Draco turned and walked down what was supposedly the corridor for the aurors. There was nothing apart from a door at the end of the corridor.

The lady at reception had given him a slip with the number '7' on it. She told him he had to attend a meeting there for the upcoming mission. Draco looked up and surely enough, a number 7 appeared on the door.

He turned the handle and sighed.

"All or nothing." he muttered, going in a few moments later.

-

"Alright. So this meeting is going to be about the upcoming mission tomorrow which i'm sure you are all aware of." Harry said. Draco looked around the table so see all aurors nodding their heads slightly.

Harry nodded his own head and continued to speak, "Oh, I almost forgot. I have recruited a new member for our team, Draco Malfoy."

Draco felt eyes on him as people turned around to face him, some stared, some didn't bother turning. He simply smirked and leant back in his chair, sending a glare to those who stared for too long.

"Malfoy, you were pretty experienced in the dark arts at one point, I'm sure?"
"Well Potter, you know what i was like in school. I can assure all of you, however, that although I do know a lot about the dark arts, the practise itself is not something I participate in."

"What is it that you take part in now? Killing puppies for the fun of it?" said one of the men. Draco rolled his eyes and leant forward, "If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

The man looked a bit stiff as he muttered, "Jeremy Rowle."
Draco let out a sarcastic gasp and sat up. "Ooooh, someone from the sacred twentyeight! Don't try to sass me, Rowle. My father has a lot of dirt on your family and if he were to hear ab-"

"Draco." interrupted Harry. Draco paused and looked up at Harry who sent him a questioning glare.
"May we continue?" he asked.

Draco sighed and nodded, focusing his stare back on Jeremy. "Don't try me." he mouthed, smirking when he saw Jeremy's adam's apple bop up and down.

"There have been various sightings of dark magic around the same area. The owners of the land are the Fawley's and-"

"Pureblood family. Are you sure they didn't do this themselves?" Draco chuckled. Harry thought about it for a few moments before shrugging, "Hector Fawley was the minister of magic for fourteen years. I doubt that very much, Malfoy."

Draco put his hands up in defence and leant back in his seat, staying reasonably quiet for the rest of the meeting.

"We are going to treat this seriously. It might be the uprising of a new dark lord or something ridiculous like that for all we know. If you get badly injured, apparate away. I will check up on you after the mission is over, do we all understand?"

"Yes."

"Alright, the meeting is over. See you all tomorrow."

-

"Draco?" Hermione called when Draco walked through her front door. He kicked off his shoes and walked through to the kitchen. "Yeah?" he said, only to be met by a bush of hair.

"Bloody hell, Granger." Draco laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.
"How was the meeting?" she asked once she pulled away.
"Fine." he said, picking up a cookie from the plate on the kitchen island.

"What's the mission for?"
"Dark magic spotted on the Fawley's property. I don't think it's anything to worry about."

He took a bite from the cookie and walked into the living room, lying on the couch. "Do you still remember the spells that you might need?" asked Hermione. She moved his legs and sat down at the other end of the couch.

"Yeah," he paused, "Avada Kedavra, Crucio and Imperio."
Hermione's eyes widened and Draco tsked. "I forgot. The aurors are all about morals." he sighed.

She shook her head, "Promise me you'll be careful."
"Well, yeah."
"Draco, i'm serious."
"I know. So am i."

-

a/n but will he be careful though? 🤔

anyways i'm living for auror draco, idk about you but-

we also hit 10k views. i actually don't know how to thank you all? the amount of support i've been getting is also so nice and i'm so thankful and gaH

i hope you have/had a great day 💗