Chapter 2

Maria pov
I got back to where we live and I threw my duffle in the laundry room.

"Hey Maria how did it go?" Dinah asked.

"It was awesome. Superboy seems like he's a bit of a hot head." I said.

"He's going through a rough time. His ex-girlfriend is with another guy." Dinah said.

I started helping her prepare dinner.

"Hey Kiddo," Ollie said as he came in.

He set his bow down in the table.

"Hey I'm not a kid, I'm 18," I Said.

"Well you are my adopted child, so this you are my child. How did it go?" Ollie asked.

"I like the team." I said.

"Great, what was your mission?" Ollie asked as he sat down at the table.

"Well it should have been a text book recon mission, but Superboy blew our cover. I had to create a distraction to get us out." I said.

"What was it?" Ollie asked.

"I shot a propane tank and it exploded." I said.

"I then had to carry Superboy out since Miss. Martian vanished as soon as the flames caught. Not doubt that DeathStroke got out alive." I said.

"Deathstroke?" Oliver slammed his palm on the table.

"Ya, Desthstroke. Slade Wilson, you spent a couple years with him on the island." I said.

Ollie stood up.

"How did you know?" Ollie asked, I could hear the anger in his voice.

"I do my research, especially since Felicity taught me how to hack." I said.

"Smart." Dinah said. Oliver glared at her.

Dinah and I finished dinner and then we sat at the table and ate.

I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. Oh why did he have to kiss me? It wasn't that it was a bad Kiss, but why Nightwing?

"Alright what really happened?" Dinah asked.

Ollie looked up from the chicken alfredo he was eating, he'd calmed down.

"What?" I asked.

"You've got something on your mind Spill." Dinah said.

"Um..." I Said.

"Tell me, or I'll find out on my own." She said.

She stared at me till I broke. "Nightwing Kissed me." I spat.

"What!" They exclaimed.

"What? Nightwing kissed you why? That's extremely unlike him." Dinah exclaimed.

"I don't know, he had me spar with Robin. I won, by using magic. then he wanted to see me fight without magic or my bow." I said. "So we did, I pinned him. We had a long gaze into each other's eyes and he kissed me."

Dinah gasped. "He went easy on you." She smiled.

Ollie on the other hand looked like he was going to kill someone. I opened the window and climbed out.

"Maria!" Ollie yelled as I jumped off the fire escape.

I ran five blocks to Thea's place. I knocked on the window, scarring her. She let me in.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Hiding from Ollie." I said.