Chapter 13

Maria pov
Dick helped me out of a wheelchair and into a car. I scooted over and he got in next to me.

"What about finals?" I asked.

"They canceled all exams, but M'gann is going to help Oliver and Dinah clean out your room." He said.

"I left my bag in the library." I Said as I rested my head on his shoulder. 

I woke up at one of Ollie's bunkers. Dick was holding me.

"This should get her through a few days. You heard what the doctor said. The painkillers are in the bag. Take good care of her this summer." Dinah said.

"Were you really going to let me leave with out saying goodbye?" I asked.

"Hey you're awake," Dick said as he set me on a table.

"Ya I just woke up." I said.

"Did you hear all that?" Dinah asked.

"About my stuff yes." I said.

"So Ollie and I will visit when we can, but we've got to finish dealing with Slade then finish up with our own problems." She said.

"I'm sorry if I caused more problems." I said.

"No you haven't, you actually shut down his entire manufacturing on the west coast. That was great." She said.

"Where's Ollie?" I asked.

"He's tracking Slade. He's still lurking around campus." Dinah said.

"Make sure my team is safe," I said.

"We will," Dinah said.

"We've got to go," Dick said.

Dinah hugged me. "Get better," Dinah said.

"I will, you take care, bye Dinah." I said.

"Bye Maria." Dinah said. Dick picked me up and Dinah activated the Zeta tube.

We got to the BatCave. Bruce sat at his computer. Dick walked past him and took me upstairs. I opened the entrence into the house and Dick carried me into the library. My knee hit the door way and I let out a whimper.

"I'm sorry," Dick Said. He carried me to a couch in the library and laid me down. He took a pillow and elevated my legs.

He let me rest for a while before he took me to a guest room.

"I'll let Alfred know you're here." Dick said as he set me in a chair.

There was a pair of crutches sitting next to it. "Yell if you need me." He said.

"Alright," I said. He put my bag down and left.

I got up putting as little weight on my left leg. I put a crutch under my good shoulder and I hobbled over to the book shelf that was in the room. I held on to the shelf and browsed the shelf for a book. My crutch fell out from my arm and my weight shifted to my other leg. I groaned as I held on to the shelf. I broke out in a sweat and felt nausea as I held on to the shelf.

"Come on Maria, you can do this." I Said to myself.

I managed to bend down and grab my crutch. I hobbled to the bed and laid down. Dick came back in.

"Hey you alright?" He asked. I looked at my calf and I saw I was bleeding.

"I need more gauss." I Said. Dick went into the bathroom and returned with an ace bandage, some medical tape, a suture kit, a towel and gauss.

"Well I can fix that up for you." He said.

I put my left legs up on the bed and Dick took the gauss off my leg and I'd torn two stitches on the out part of my calf.