Chapter 49

Maria pov
It was two days before I had to go back to Belle Reve. Bruce wanted to update the Wayne portrait before I left.

I sat at the vanity table doing my makeup.

"Dick can you bring me my curling iron it should be under the sink." I said as I did my mascara.

"Here you go, no Jamie come here." Dick said as he gave me my curling iron before running after Jamie who was making a dash for her coloring stuff. I smiled at them.

I plugged my curling iron in and then did my foundation. "Why did you do your eyeshadow look dark?" Dick asked.

"It's ment to be dark? It's a Smokey eye." I asked looking at my reflection.

"I think it looks dark," Dick said.

I rolled my eyes and took some gold eyeshadow and blended it in with the dark eye shadow in attempt to lighten it up.

"Now what do you think?" I asked.

"It still looks dark." He said.

"Well I'm not redoing it." I said.

I finished my foundation and then blush and contour. I put my fake lashes on, then mascara and then curled my hair.

"I'm going to take Jamie downstairs so she can't get messy." Dick said.

"I'll need to put her bow in her hair before the photo." I said.

Jamie was wearing a black dress that went to her knees. She also wore frilled socks with black Mary Janes.

"Alright," Dick said.

I finished my hair and stood up. My black dress was loose fitting. It reminded me something a Greek goddess would wear. I put my hands under my stomach and I could see the entirety of my swollen stomach. I smiled and let the loose fabric go.

I went downstairs.

"Well don't you look beautiful." Dick smiled.

"Oh so now you like my makeup." I said as I stood on the last step.

"Well you look beautiful with or without makeup." He said.

He kissed my cheek and we went into the den. "The lighting in here is amazing." The painter raved.

"And here are the final three." Bruce said.

The painter turned to us. Bruce moved the chair out of the center.

"You get to sit here this time and I have something for you." Bruce said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes this is a replica of my mother's pearl necklace." He held them out to me as I sat down.

"Bruce I can't except this." I said pushing them away.

"Please you must. It would hurt my feelings if you didn't." Bruce said.

"What feelings?" Jason scoffed. Tim elbowed him in the ribs.

"I'll only except it if you put it on me." I Said as I pulled my hair back. Bruce put the necklace on me.

"Do you want me to go get your pearl earrings?" Dick asked As Bruce pulled another chair over that he put next to mine. Then he sat down.

"Yes." I said as he set Jamie in my lap. I put her bow in her hair.

"I'm going to bring you your entire jewelry box so you can pick the ones you want." Dick left quickly and returned just as fast.

"Here you go." Dick said as he traded the jewelry box for our daughter.

"Thank you." I Said.

I chose the dangly pearl earrings that had belonged to my mother. I gave my jewelry box to Dick and he set in on the table and Dick stood next to the chair Bruce was sitting in, on the right side. Dick had Jamie stand on the arm of the chair I was sitting in. He held her up with one arm and put his other hand on the chair. Damien stood in front of Dick and Bruce. Alfred stood next to Bruce, Jason stood next to Alfred and Tim stood next to Damien.

An hour into the painting, my blatter was loosing its battle against Justice.

"I'm so sorry but I have to be right back." I said as I got up.

"Are you alright," Dick asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

I returned to the room and took my seat again.

"Have you two decided on a name yet?" Alfred asked.

"We did, last week. Wether it's a boy or girl we want to name them Justice." I said.

"If it's a girl her middle name will be Willow." Dick said.

"I came up with it." Jason boasted.

"But what if it's a boy?" Bruce asked.

"I have a middle name picked out. But it's a surprise." I smiled.

"She won't even tell me." Dick said.

"But I know you'll love it." I smiled.

•••
When the portrait was finished I went upstairs and took my makeup off.

"Hey want me to bring you dinner?" Dick asked.

"Please." I said as I laid on our bed. Dick came over and took my shoes.

"Thank you." I Said as Dick kissed my forehead. He left and I got up and changed for bed.

____________________________
A/n: Hope this makes your Monday better.
-Zodiac