Chapter 34

It had been a few weeks since Dick and I had brought Jamie to our safe house. We were slowly mastering the ways of infant care. Dick and I were doing always doing things in shifts. If I was feeding her, Dick would shower or make a meal for us. If he was changing her I would shower or rest.

"Hey Dick can you monitor Jamie while I shower?" I asked. He looked up from his book and nodded.

"Thank you." I said. I kissed his head and then went upstairs to shower.

I took my time in the shower, the water felt amazing. The next thing I knew I slipped and was on the tile in the shower with a freaking mermaid tail. Well I guess this is what I get when I mess with Atlantian magic. I turned the water off and dragged myself out of the shower. I dried myself completely off and I still had a mermaid tail.

"Hey Dick can you come here for a moment?" I called.

"What is it?" He yelled back.

"Um I kinda have a small problem." I yelled back. he came into te bathroom and stared at me for a moment.

"The spell kinda worked." He said.

"Ya, I don't know How to undo this, can you call Kaldur or Arthur and ask for help?" I asked.

"I'll call Kaldur after taking a photo of this." He laughed as he grappled his phone. He took a picture and sent it to our old team.

"Hey can you help me back into the shower I'm kinda drying out." I said, I felt like a fish out of water.

Dick picked me up and put me in the shower and turned the water back on. Dick kept me company till Jamie woke up and started crying so he went to take care of her.

"Graysons I'm here!" Kaldur yelled.

"Upstairs bathroom Kaldur, Dick's occupied." I yelled.

Kaldur came into the bathroom and smiled.

"You didn't do the spell right." He said.

"I know now how do You fix this?" I asked referring to my tail. Dick came in with Jamie in his arms.

"I'm sorry I don't know. I could take you to Queen Mera. She is the one who gave me the spell." Kaldur said.

"How are we going to get me to Atlantis?" I asked.

"The zeta tube." Kaldur said.

"Let me go put Jamie down and I'll help you get down there." Dick said.

He took Jamie back to her room And then returned. Kaldur turned the water off and Dick picked me up.

Dick followed Kaldur to the basement And handed me off to Kaldur. Dick programed the zeta tube for Atlantis. The computer denied him access, so Kaldur had to override it.

"Are you sure you can handle Jamie " I asked.

"I can handle her. we've got the unopened tub of powdered formula if she gets hungry." Dick said.

"Alright," I said.

He activated the zeta tube and next thing I knew I was underwater and I could breath.

"Well I can breath." I said as Kaldur let go of me.

"But your still a mermaid." Kaldur said.

"Shut up, let's just find Mera so she can reverse this and I can get home to my baby." I said. Kaldur lead me through Atlantis and told me all about it.

We went to the palace and Kaldur requested to see Mera.

"Now what?" I asked.

"We wait till she sends for us." Kaldur said as he sat down on the steps of the palace. I did my best to sit next to him.

"Wait as an air breather won't we need to preform the reversal spell on land so I don't you know die?" I asked.

"Oh that's right. That would also require My King's permission for her to go to the surface." Kaldur said At that moment Aquaman was swimming toward us. Kaldur got up and I followed suit.

"Your Majesty." Kaldur said as he swam up to him.

"You brought a human to my kingdom." Aquaman said. Kaldur fell to a knee.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty but it was Atlantian magic that was used to cause her to be a mermaid." Kaldur said motioning to me.

"Maria! What business do you have with my people's magic?" He asked.

"I was trying to find a way to breath under water for a short period of time. I'm not a fan of rebreathers so I wanted to find an easy alternative." I said. Arthur lead Kaldur and I inside and too his wife's private quarters.

"Mera," he called.

She swam out from somewhere in the back. "Yes Arthur?" She asked.

"Oh, um." She looked at me puzzling.

"I know you, don't I. Your a member of the Justice League." She said.

"I am, I'm Maria Aka Zodiac." I said as I did my best to curtsy to her.

"That's right, you just had a child correct?" She asked as she took my hand.

"I did, my daughter's about two month old now."

"And her name?" She asked.

"Jamie." I said.

"That's a sweet name." She said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Now what do we owe this special visit?" She asked.

"I messed with Atlantian magic and I ended up with a mermaid tail. I was hoping you could reverse the spell. Since you are the one who gave it to Kaldur." I said.

"I know just the thing." She took my hand and lead me to a spell room.

"This place is amazing." I said.

"Thank you." She said.

"Now you are an air breather so we'll have to go to the surface to cast this spell so you don't die." She said as she got the things she needed.

•••

Kaldur carried me back thought the Zeta.

"Hey Dick!" He yelled. I could hear Jamie crying upstairs.

Dick came downstairs with Jamie in his arms. Kaldur put me down on the ground. Mera cast the reverse spell and with in the hour I had my legs back. I thanked Mera refusively for turning me back. I vowed to never use Atlantian magic again.

____________________________
A/n:Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.
-Zodiac
Ps i don't own any thing DC owns. I'm just a fan.