Chapter 38

-five months later-
I did crunches in my cell. When I finished I did one armed push-ups.

"Why are you continuing to working out?" I heard. I didn't look up.

"Because I've read all the books they are willing to give me. So physical fitness is all I have left." I got up and looked out of my cell.

Amanda Walker and a guy in baseball cap with a US flag on it stood outside.

"We'd like to know if you are willing to be on a special task force we're putting together." Amanda asked.

"What do I get out of it?" I asked.

"You get to leave the prison and be a hero again for a short time." She said.

"No collars?" I asked.

"No collars." She asked.

"Maybe." I said as I walked away.

The next day the man came back and took me outside.

"Show me what you've got." He said.

I picked the lock of the cuffs before he finished speaking. I set them on the table.

"Can I take the collar off too?" I asked.

He nodded. I picked the lock and set it next to the cuff.  I looked at the different things I'd learned to fight with.

"Your good with locks but what else are you good with?" The man asked. I picked up the bow and arrow.

"I may be a little rusty." I said as I drew the string back and fired. I missed the first target but the arrow hit the lock to a gate which I had aimed for.

"You missed." He said.

"Go inspect that lock because that was  what I was aiming for." I pointed as I put the bow down and then looked at the book a spells.

"This one is going to be the hardest." I said as I opened the book. I found a basic combat spell I'd mastered years ago.

"Bring that fighting dummy closer." I instructed. One of the guards went and brought it closer.

"Everyone get behind me." I instructed. I Said the spell and the dummy flew at least ten yards away.

"If I had enough strength I could make it go farther." I said.

"Why not?" The man asked.

"Because I haven't said a spell in six months. Magic is like a muscle, you must constantly be working it. So If I were to try to use a much higher level spell it would do serious harm or potentially kill me." I said.

"Give her thirty minutes a day to practice magic. Till we have a mission for her." Walker said. I smiled. Guards seized me and put the collar and cuffs back on me.

I was taken back to my cell and I went back to my work out.

A few days later I had two visitors. I was escorted into the visitation quarters. Batman stood in there with Jamie in his arms. She had a Robin onesie on including a mask.

"Oh she looks precious." I said as I hurried them over to them.

"Red Hood dressed her. I didn't realize what she was wearing it till I got here." Bruce said.

I took Jamie from him and kissed her cheek. She smiled. She had her bottom two teeth and the top two were coming in.

"How is everyone?" I asked.

"We're all doing well. Nightwing has temporarily moved back out to a nearby apartment in Gotham. Arrow and Canary are getting her every other weekend." Bruce said.

"Who's getting her the weekends?" I asked.

"I am," Bruce smiled.

"That ought to be interesting." I said.

"It is, since she's crawling now. We had to baby proof the entire house." Bruce said.

I laughed. "Why I came to see you, was because Walker has something she cannot control. And if she lets it loose the league won't be able to stop it, expecially with majority of our team off world." Bruce said changing the subject.

"She's forming a team. I was asked to be apart of it." I said.

"Be careful." Bruce slipped me a cellphone.

"I will, I don't know who else is on the team." I said.

"We'll figure it out." Bruce said.

"Zodiac your time is up." A guard said. I gave Jamie a kiss then gave her back to Bruce.

"Tell Nightwing to come visit me." I said.

"I will." Bruce said.

I smiled and kissed Jamie again before a guard handcuffed me and took me back to my cell.

Dick pov
I waited in the BatCave for Bruce to return with my daughter. The Zeta tube activated and Bruce walked through. Jamie giggled and waved her arms when she saw me.

"Da-da." She said. I took her from Bruce.

"Her first words." I smiled.

"She's grown up so much." Bruce said.

"I hate that. I just want her to stay small for longer." I said. I looked at what she was wearing.

"Who dressed her?" I asked.

"Jason did." Bruce said.

I laughed. "I bet Maria loved it." I said.

"She did." Bruce said. I smiled.

I took Jamie back to our apartment. I hadn't fully unpacked yet. Jamie's things were the only thing we had fully unpacked. I set her In her jumper and then tried to get the kitchen unpacked.

Jamie started crying so I got her out of her jumper and fed her, changed her diaper and then put her down for the night.

I kept unpacking the boxes into the night.

___________________________
A/n: does anyone care for a bit of suicide squad?
-Zodiac