Chapter 32

Maria pov
I woke up with white strands of hair in my face. I moved them aside and I sat up and saw Dick asleep in a chair next to me. Not wanting to disturb him, I quietly got up and took the IV out of my arm. I went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands. I heard Dick knock on the door.

"Maria, are you in there?" Dick asked.

I opened the door. "I am," I Said as I leaned against the ajar door.

"Come on you need to get back in bed." He beckoned.

I willingly followed him to the bed. I sat on the edge of the bed and he put the IV back in my arm. He looked at me sympathetic as he put his hand on my cheek.

"I shouldn't have gone out on patrol tonight." He said as he looked to his lap. "If..if I had stayed with you I could have stopped the Joker." He Said.

I leaned forwards and cupped his face. "Do not blame yourself for this. It was not your fault, if you had stayed. The Joker probably would have waited till I was alone before he took me." I Said as I rested my forehead on his.

"Why would he want you?" He asked.

I looked at my stomach as rubbed it. "He wants to break you. He said you were the only Robin he couldn't break. He hates you for that. He wanted to kill Jamie and I to destroy you." I Said as I rubbed my stomach.

Dick kissed me. "Thank goodness I still have you." Dick sat on the bed with me and held me in his arms.

I felt Jamie kick me. "I'm grateful it was Jason I called and not an old friend from college." I said making Dick laugh.

"That would be bad." He smiled as he buried his face in my neck.

"Jamie And I owe Jason Our lives." I said as I rested my head on his. The door opened.

"I except payment in firstborn children." Jason said then slammed the door as Dick threw a pillow at the door.

I laughed at him. "You know he's joking." I Smiled.

"Oh I know." Dick chuckled. My stomach growled loud enough for half of Gotham to hear.

"Is Jamie hungry?" Dick asked as he rubbed my stomach.

"We are hungry, I hadn't eaten dinner when Joke took me." I Said.

Dick got up then helped me up. "Then let's go find something for you to eat." Dick Said as he gave me the IV bag.

We went down to the kitchen and Dick made me sit down while he made me a grilled cheese.

"Please don't burn it." I Said as I rested my head on my hand.

"I won't, remember I've gotten better at cooking since we met." Dick Said. I laughed as he put butter on the skillet.

When the grilled cheeses were ready, Dick gave them to me and I ate as he cleaned the dishes.

-8 week's later-
I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. Alfred the cat was laying on my stomach. An explosion went off and shook the house. I jumped up sending Alfred flying. I ran to the window and pulled back the curtain. I saw giant airships in the sky, definitely alien. Dick ran in and over to me.

"You've got to go." He Said as he grabbed my wrist.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Earths brig invaded, they somehow got past the Tower's -" I zoned out as I had a contraction.

"Maria, are you listening, we have to go?" Dick asked.

"Can I pee First?" I asked.

"Hurry," He Said.