Chapter 51

"Bye Selina," I said.

"Bye Zodiac take care." She said as she hugged me.

"When you see your family tell them I say hello." She said.

"I most definitely will." I said.

Two guards came for me. I picked Justice up from the bottom bunk. I had my photos in my pocket.

Ivy, Helix, Jr., Killer Moth, Mangrove And the Ventriloquies were all on the prison bus with me. We were all going to Gotham. Or rather Arkum.

We were twenty minutes away from Arkum when Mangrove and Jr got into a fight. The driver got distracted and drifted into ongoing traffic. I Held Justice close as the driver swerved quickly causing the van to flip. I felt my leg crack. And I yelled in pain. My head hit the glass and I lost consciousness.

I woke up and everyone else was still unconscious. The van had landed on the river bank. Mangrove was gone and so was Ivy. I made sure the rest of the inmates, guards and Driver were alive before I climbed out. I dragged myself out and made a makeshift splint for my leg, the bone was sticking out of my leg. I cut up my prisoner suit and made a sling for Justice. The collar fell off. I picked the locks on my chains and then And I left it.

I was so tired and I'd lost a bit of blood. I made it to the gates of Wayne Manor. I slipped on the wet driveway. It was raining heavily now.

Dick pov
I quietly closed the door to Jamie's room and went downstairs. The front gate intercom buzzed. We weren't expecting anyone. I went over to it.

"Who is it?" I buzzed.

"Maria." The voice said in a shaky voice.

I took out the monitor and turned the front gate lights on. "Please it's me, I need help." She pleaded.

I threw open the door and ran down the driveway. I manually opened the gates and scooped Maria up. She had Justice in her arms.

"My hero." She said weakly as she rested head on my chest.

"Let's get you inside." I said.

I took her inside and Alfred met me on the doorstep.

"Who was at the gate?" He asked. His eyes grew large when he realized Maria was in my arms.

"I'll get some towels." He said.

I went in and carried her to the Den. I placed her on the couch closest to the fire and I stoked it. I took Justice from her. Alfred came in with towels. I took one and wrapped Justice.

"Do we have any cloths for Justice?" I asked.

"Who sir?" He asked as he started cleaning Maria's wounds.

"This little guy." I said as Justice took my finger. He was freezing.

"Yes we do, We need to take her to the cave, I'll take him if you carry Maria." Alfred said. I gave him Justice and then picked Maria up.

I followed him down to the BatCave. Bruce, Tim, Jason, and Damien were all there.

"What's going on?" Tim asked.

"Is that Maria?" Bruce asked.

"Yes," I said as I laid her down. She sat up frantically.

"Justice! Where's Justice? Where is he?" She asked.

"Alfred has him. He's getting Justice warmed up." I said as She laid back down.

"Maria what happened?" Bruce asked.