Chapter 43

"All prisoners out of their cells for inspection!" Came over the intercom.

I got up and waddled out. We all stood outside the cells. Some cells held two women, but I had a cell all to myself.

A new guard walked by as we were being inspected, she looked familiar.

"What's with the mask?" The new guard asked.

"To protect my secret Identity."

"Your secret identity?" The guard laughed at me.

"How come your the only woman with a mask?" She asked.

"I'm a member of the Justice League." I said.

Everyone laugh at me. "There are no members of the Justice League in here." The new guard said. "Now let's just get this off ya." She said as she reached for my mask, but I punched her in the mouth.

My collar shocks me and I fell to me knees.

"Some Justice League member you are. All it takes is a little electricity and your taken down." The guard said.

I put my hand on my stomach as I waited for my baby to move telling me they were still alive. I felt the kick and I smiled.

"Who are you?" She asked. I looked up at her and got up.

"I am Zodiac, a sorceress and archer. I have been trained by Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Batman. I have dabbled in every single form of light magic. And I have only taken one life and I don't remember doing it. I train very closely with the world's best detectives and I married the best acrobat the league has, next to Plastic Man." I said.

The woman smiled. "You and Nightwing saved my life once." She said.

I then recognized her. "You and your husband were taken hostage by Penguin. Nightwing and I just so happened to be in Gotham the night Batman wasn't. So we took care of it. We rescued you and your husband and then returned Penguin to Arkum." I said.

"That's right." The guard said.

"I never forget someone I save." I smiled.

"My husband and I had a daughter two years later and we named our daughter Nightingale after the two heroes who saved our lives." The guard said.

"Thank you. That was ten years ago. Right before the Reach invasion. That's right after Green Arrow and  Canary introduced me to the team. That mission was one of my first Young Justice mission." I said.

"That seems like forever ago." I Said so felt like I was going to cry.

"Back to your cells." Came over the intercom.

I laid on the bottom bunk of my bed. I read the book I had borrowed. The cell door opened.

"Get in there Kyle!" I recognized the voice.

I sat up and met eye contact with Dianh.

"Zodiac." She exclaimed.

"Uh hi Canary." I said as I sat up. I felt her eyes looking at my stomach.

"I need to talk with this one in private." Dianh yelled at a guard.

I got up, "I get the bottom bunk." I said to Selina. She smiled and climbed up to the top bunk.

Dianh and I were taken into a private room.

"What are you doing with Selina?" I asked.

"I captured her and brought her in myself. I thought I would stop by and see an old friend. But since she didn't want any visitors. I personally escorted her to a cell." Dinah said.

"Hoping to see me?" I asked.

"ya," she said. We looked around awkwardly.

"How far along are you?" She asked putting a hand on my stomach.

"32 weeks." I said as I put my hands on hers.

"Does Nightwing know? That is I'm assuming he's the father." Dinah said.

"You know I'm loyal to a fault when it comes to him. Of corse he's the father. But he doesn't know. I feel ashamed to be in here while pregnant. And honestly I'm scared about how he would react to me. I feel like if he knew he'd break the law to try to get me out. And I can't have both of us in here and Jamie with no parents." I said.

"I won't tell them." Dinah said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Do you remember that first mission Nightwing and I went on together?" I asked.

"I think so, that was with Penguin and the two hostages?" Dinah asked.

"We got a new guard today and she was one of the hostages." I said. Dinah smiled.

"That's so ironic." She said.

"I know." I said.

We chatted for a while, till she had to leave. Dinah promised to not tell anyone I was pregnant.

I was taken back to my cell.

"So how are you doing?" Selina asked.

"I'm doing okay for being pregnant in prison." I said as I sat down on my bed.

She climbed down and sat on the bed with me. "So is it Grayson's?" She asked as she put her hand on my stomach. My baby kicked her hand.

"Ya," I said.

"You two have a daughter right?" She asked.

"Ya Jamie." I Said.

"Last time I saw Bruce he showed me a photo of her." She said.

"He didn't arrest you?" I teased.

"No," she said.

"Damien is almost like a big brother figure to her. He's always playing with her when we would take her to the manor. I'm missing so many major milestones in her life." I said as I bit my lip. "I miss all of them." I Said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I understand." Selina said.

Dinah pov
I laid in bed waiting for Ollie.

"So you saw Maria today?" He said.

"I did and you'll never believe it, but she's pregnant." I said.

"Your kidding?" Ollie said joining me.

"I wish I was." I said.

"Does Dick know?"

"According to Maria no, he doesn't." I said.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter
-Zodiac