Chapter 40

We got to the building that our target was in. I took a knee at Rick's order.
"I hate this whole army thing." I said to Katana in Japanese. She smiled.

We went inside and it was deserted. I looked over and Harley was in an elevator.

"Really?" I snapped.

I fired a grappling arrow and went after her. One of the creatures jumped on me. And I Said a spell and it fell. I got to the floor and fired an arrow at another creature. I grabbed one and threw it over the ledge. The rest of the team was there.

"I though you had a no killing M.O." Deadshot said.

"Ya I do, but that doesn't mean I can't put them on a lot of pain." I said.

"She's right, she once threw me off a building." Boomerang said.

"Onto a cop car."I added

"Damn girl, that's skill." Deadshot said.

"Careful I may do it again." I said as I retrieved my arrow.

We made it to the top floor and I was down to half my arrows. I examined the arrows as Deadshot went after Flag.

They came back out with Amanda Waller. I got up and aimed my bow.

"Lower your weapons." Flag said. I put my arrow back in the quiver.

"Bats was right, you caused all of this didn't you." I accused her.

"I did not." She said.

"Batman told me you had something dangerous that you couldn't control." I said.

"You believe everything he tells you?" She asked.

"I trust Batman with my life. And that includes right now." I said.

We went up to the roof and a helicopter came to pick Waller up. But something wasn't right they weren't responding. They opened fire and I took cover with Katana and Flag. I took an arrow and fired at the Joker. I missed. I took another and another and kept missing. Harley took her jacket off and ran towards the chopper, she jumped and grabbed the rope and it flew away.

"Shot her!" Waller demanded to Deadshot.

"You're a hit man, I hire you to shoot her." Waller ordered. Deadshot took aim and fired. Harley fell it she stopped.

"She's not dead," I said. She lifted her head and smiled.

"Zodiac shot her." Waller yelled. I took my bow and aimed. But I also missed.

"Sorry the wind made me miss." I said. Waller glared at me. "Also I don't kill." I said and Waller looked like she was going to blow a fuse.

Another chopper came and picked up Waller. It didn't get a hundred yards before it was thrown to the ground.

By the time we reached the wreckage Waller was gone. So we moved along.

Deadshot threw a binder at Rick And started yelling at him. We failed, Rick and Waller had been using us the entire time.

"I don't know about y'all but I'm getting a drink." Deadshot said.

He walked towards a bar and most of the team followed. I lingered but followed, Katana came after me. We went into a bar and Harley went behind the bar.

"Whatcha want?" She asked.

"Whiskey," I Said. She smiled as gave me A glass.

Diablo told us his origin story. I gripped the glass till it broke. I got up and walked over to the fish tank.

"I've been meaning to ask you this, Zodiac. But did your baby survive?" Harley asked.

"What?" Boomerang asked.

"Yes she did," I said as I turned around.
"She's ten months old now." I bit my lip trying not to cry.

"Any side affects to the Joker venom?" Harley asked.

"She's got snow white hair." I said as I went back to the bar.

"I followed Waller's orders because I knew I could get out earlier than her twelfth birthday. The first time she came to visit my at Bel Rev she was terrified of me. She had no idea who I was." I said.

"I was suppose to have a baby. But I lost it." Harley said.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I held my hand out to Harley. She took it and smiled. 

"I never thought I would trust villains. But I consider you all my friends. Team mates I would die for." I said.

"And we'd do the same for you." Diablo said. I smiled.

"We are a family." Deadshot said.

"I would take my mask off to signal I trust you all but I'm not there yet. Because I'm a loose sting. You pull on me and so many more identies are revealed." I said.

"I can respect that." Croc said.

"Thank you." I said.

Flag came in and sat down at the bar. We continued to chat till we all decided we needed to finish what we had started. Flag gave me my computer back.

____________________________
A/n: Guys I have a problem. I just bought 33 comics all but one is Nightwing. I have a problem.
-Zodiac