Chapter 11

I stood outside the fraternity house. I knocked on the door and one of the guy from the other night answered.

"Hello how can I help you?" He asked.

"Hey I heard you sold a new kind of drug. I wanted to give it a try." I said trying to keep my voice down.

"Ya come on in," he said.

He took me upstairs to the room I had seen him the other night. He pulled up a floor board and took out a small clear bag that had a purple powder in it.

"What's it called?" I asked.

"Venenum," he said as he gave it to me.

"First bag is free." He said.

"Nice," I Said. He walked me to the door, I put the bag in my pocket and left.

I went to the Bunker and Oliver was there.

"Hey I got a sample of the drug Slade is getting frat boys to sell." I said.

"Great," he said. I took it out of my pocket and I gave it to him for analysis.

"Hey you know that club you're in, those kids would be a good team for you to have on campus." Oliver said as he prepped the drug for analysis.

"Maybe I'll start my own Team Zodiac." I said.

"If you wanna be a real hero, go for it." Oliver said.

That night I had a club meeting. I intentionally waited a while before going into the club. I turned on my voice disguiser and went inside the building. I didn't knock on the room where the meeting was being held in. I just went in.

"Who're you?" Taylor asked.

"I'm Zodiac, I'm the one who's been protecting the campus for the last two weeks." I said.

"Woah!" Magnus exclaimed.

"Your friend Maria told me you all could help me." I Said as I went and took a seat.

"Ive been studying you all. I've determined Your skills, you're weaknesses and I know I can trust you four." I Said.

"But what about Maria?" Ansel asked.

"She asked to not be involved." I said. "If you don't want to get involved into this world you can leave now." I Said. They group looked around at each other.

"You all want to help me?" I asked. They nodded. "Alright let's get started."

Dylan lived off campus in an apartment his family owned so we set that up as our base.

I told them as little as I could about the case I was working.

"Now I don't want you running off and trying to be a Hero. That's my job, you all just have to cover me. Make sure the professors don't figure out who I am." I said.

"And how do we do that?" Magnus asked.

"If something goes down during a class, you all leave class. I'll message you." I said.

•••

I was at the campus gym after hours, I'd befriended the guy in charge and he let me come in after hours.

I did some upside down sit ups. Then got down and did some weight lifting.

After I finished my work out and I went to my dorm to sleep.

In the morning I got up and got ready for my dance class. I grabbed a muffin from the coffee shop near the drama department.

I went into the dance studio and started warming up with the rest of the dancers.

"Alright students today we will be learning the Argentine tango." Our instructor said. Her partner came into class,

"pair up," she said. The guy next to me asked to be my partner.

"Sure why not." I said.

"Face your partners," she said.

The lesson went on ushual and then I went to my theater class.

"Alright today we have your monologues about your families." My professor said.

I completely forgot about the monologue. I hadn't used any of our class time to write my monolouge. I was screwed, but I bet I could do the entire thing off the top of my head.

"Maria Queen, you're first." My professor said.

Today was definately not my day. I went up to the stage.

"Tell is about your biological family." My professor said.

"I don't really talk about my biological family. But for the sake of my grade I will tell you what I can bare to share." I said.

I saw Dick sneak in the back and take a seat.

"I grew up in Santa Fe. In a poor neighborhood built long before my family moved to it. It wasn't the grandest of places. The house and houses around it were all falling apart. I don't remember how many times my father had to patch or fix something." I stoped and smiled.

"My mother was a loving woman, she cared about all of us so much. She was always concerned about us. Always making sure we were alright. My father very much was the back bone of the family, he kept us together and was the voice of reason. Once a week we would  have a huge dinner. We'd invite the entire street and there would be people everywhere. My parents always looked after those around them and put themselves second. It was a happy life, but it was ripped away from me." I said then looked at my feet.

"Thank you Miss. Kinsman please take your seat." My professor said.

I went back to my seat and the performances went on. Dick snuck down and took the seat next to me. "You did amazing." He said.

"Thank you," I said. He put his arm around me and kissed my head.

After class we went to Gotham for lunch.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.