Chapter 20

-a year later-
I walked into the Daily Plant, I had my coffee in one hand and a file of photos in the other. My brown leather camera bag was sitting across my chest. I pressed the button to the elevator.

"Maria!" Jimmy yelled as he ran towards the elevator. I held the door open and he got into the elevator.

"Good morning, here are the photos you wanted." I Said as I gave him the file.

"These are great, I'll show them to Perry and have him approve them before they're sent to the printer." He said.

The elevator got off at our floor and we went over to our desks.

"I really want Perry to publish one of my articles." I Said.

"He should, your an excellent writer." Jimmy said.

"Thank you," I Said.

I put my bag down and took my computer out. Lois came over to us.

"Good morning," She said.

"Good morning," I Said.

Jimmy logged into his computer then took my photos to Perry.

"How are you doing this morning? I heard you had a rough night last night." She Said.

Since I moved to Metropolis, Clark and I made an agreement that he would take care of the metas and mad scientist and I would deal with the thieves, crooks, and occasional evil magician.

"Ya I'm fine, I took care of everything." I Said.

"I hear you got shot." Lois said.

"I did and I got the bullet out then sewed myself up. I may have passed out twice but I'm fine." I Said.

"You know you can call Clark of things get too out of hand." She said.

"I know but I can handle it. I'm not a sidekick anymore. I can handle myself." I said softly.

Lois got close to me. "You aren't used to big city crime, you've been protecting a college campus from rapist and drunk college students." She said so only we could hear.

"Don't act like you're my mother or mentor." I Said.

"I am your mentor," She said.

"Here but out there. Ollie and Dinah are my mentors they trained me and made me the hero I am." I Said. I got up and walked alway.

"Kinsman!" Perry yelled.

I went into his office. "Excellent photos, you've come a long way in this last year." He said.

"Um thank you," I Said. Perry ushually wasn't the one to be nice to interns.

"You're going to go far as a photojournalist." He said.

"About that sir, I actually was hopping to be a journalist." I Said.

"I've written multiple articles about what's going on in Bialya. And I really feel like that information needs to be shared with the public." I said.

"I read your articles, I won't deny you're a good reporter, but you're not a great reporter. Become a great reporter and write something that I may actually want to publish. And we'll talk again. But till then your with Olsen taking pictures." He Said.

"Yes sir," I Said looking at my feet. "But I give you a change. If you can Get some dirt on the billionaire Queen, then We'll talk." He said.

I felt offended. "I'm sorry sir-"

"what did you just say?" Perry asked as he stood up.

"Abort! abort!" Jimmy whispered.

"I'm sorry sir, but Oliver Queen is my adopted father. He is a good man, and I won't betray him after all that he and his wife Dinah have done for me. They took me in when I had no one else." I Said.