Chapter 14

Maria pov
I finished meditating and I got up off the floor and put my hair up in a pony tail. I got up and went to the kitchen.

I rummaged through the fridge and got a container of vanilla Greek yogurt. I sat it on the counter and grabbed the black berries. I found a bowl and spoon then added the yogurt and black berries in the bowl and then returned the containers to the fridge and then I found some granola to add on top. I mixed the granola in then I sat on the counter to eat my parfait. Alfred came in,

"good evening, Miss Kinsman." He said.

"Good evening, Alfred," I said after I swallowed the bite I had in my mouth.

"How are you doing tonight?" He asked.

"I'm good," I said. "how are you?"

"I'm good," he said he grabbed a pitcher of water then left.

I went back up to my room and starting getting ready for bed. I took my phone and Bluetooth speaker and connected it and started playing Abba.

I sang along to S.O.S as I showered. When I finished I put more gauss over my stitches. I dried my hair and then finished getting ready for bed.

In the morning I got up and went for a run. I can back in through the garden and I saw Bruce doing what looked like Tai chi in the garden. I watched him for a while.

"Would you like to join?" He asked.

"Sure," I sent over to him and copied his movements.

"Tai chi does not only relax the mind and body, but it is also a form of combat." He said. I nodded and kept up with him.

We finished and went in for breakfast. Dick came into the dinning room and kissed my cheek.

"Good morning." He said.

"Good morning." I said.

"Are you ready for today?" He asked.

"I am," I Said as he pulled my chair. We had breakfast then went to the BatCave to train.

Bruce put multiple sensors on me to monitor my body as I did magic.

"Just do combat spells, the ones you've used on missions before." Dick Said.

"Alright," I said.

"Will you be the one fighting me?" I asked.

"Did you not get enough from yesterday?" He smirked.

"I don't think we've spared before when I've use magic." I said.

"This should be fun then." Dick smirked.

"Quit flirting and fight," Bruce commanded.

Dick ran at me and I dodged him. I Said a flying spell and flew as high as the wires would let me.

"This is why I don't like you using magic when we fight." He said as he crossed his arm.

I laughed and he threw his ekrizma stick at me. I put up a force field and it bounced off it.

"Cave start fighting sequence." Bruce said.

A missile came flying at me. I yelled the transparency spell and the missile passed right through me. It exploded on the wall of the cave as I turned by to normal.

This went on for a while and I avoided everything. I lowered myself to the floor as I felt drained.

"These are interesting results," Bruce said as he looked over them.

I felt my nose running and I wiped my nose on my sleeve.

"Maria?" Dick looked concerned.

I looked at my sleeve and saw blood. I collapsed and Dick rushed to my sides.

"It was too much, too much magic." I panicked as I looked at the blood.

"So she does have a weakness." Bruce said.

My head started hurting and it felt like Athena was trying to break out of my skull. I leaned against Dick for support, the pounding was worsening that I couldn't think. He picked me up and carried me to a table.

"How does she usually recharge?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know, she never uses that much magic in one sitting." Dick Said. I took his hand.

"Jewelry box," I managed to say before blacking out.

Dick pov
"Jewelry box," is all Maria said before passing out.

"What does that mean?" Bruce asked.

"Her mother's jewelry box. She brought it with her." I said. I took off running for the stairs and went upstairs.

I went to her room and I grabbed the jewelry box and ran back to the cave.

"Computer scan the box for any supernatural amulets." Bruce said As he placed the jewelry box on a scanner.

"The jewelry box has three amulets in it." The computer put up the three amulets that were in the jewelry box. I took the box and found the amulets.

"Scan the amulets for healing properties." I said as I laid the amulets on the scanner.

The computer showed that the Citrine amulet had he healing properties. I grabbed it and took it and put it on Maria. As soon as I did the clasp and laid it on her chest she opened her eyes and gasped for air and sat up.

"Way too much magic," she said as she held her head.

"Take it easy, Maria." I said. She nodded and laid back down.

"I now see why you don't use magic all that much." Bruce said.

"Like I said. It's a last resort." She smiled.

_________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give me feed back on what you think of the story so far.
-Zodiac