Chapter 15

I woke up with a startle as three masked men grabbed me. I tried to fight back but my shoulder was still bad. I managed to disorient the two who had grabbed me by my arms, by knocking their skulls together. The one who had my feet I kicked away. I grabbed my mini cross bow and fired it at one and he dodged it. I reloaded and one of the men grabbed me in a choke hold and started suffocating me. I pulled on his grapefruit of a bicep desperate for air as I also tried to get my crossbow with my feet. a hooded man kicked it away from feet.

"Sorry sweetie," he sounded like Dick. The lack of oxygen kicked in and I passed out.

•••

I woke up to a drop of water falling between my eyes. I was bounded with leather straps, not only on my wrists and ankles but also one holding my head back.  I was gagged and Blindfolded.

"Where is the Green Arrow!" A gruff voice yelled at me.

I pulled on the restraints.

"Where it the Green Arrow?" The voice yelled at me as a drop of water feel between my eyes.

"If I remove the gag will you tell me?" The voice asked.

I did my best to nod.

"Remove her gag," he commanded.

Two hands untied my gag as a drop of water dropped between my eyes.

"Where is the Green Arrow?" The voice asked.

"Go to hell," I spat.

The Gag was forcefully put back on me and I was pushed underwater. I was brought up and I could see red.

Dick pov
Tim brought Maria up, and the air felt thick with energy. She broke the restraint and threw Tim. She pulled the blindfold off and her eyes were blood red and a snarling look on her face. She jumped towards Bruce and hit him with the force of a Kryptonian.

"You dare attack Zodiac?" She Said in a deep inhuman voice.

"Maria!" I yelled. She turned and looked at me. She dropped Bruce and floated towards me.

"Maria stop this," I said. She stopped an inch away from me.

"Maria stop this, this isn't you." I said.

The red in her eyes faded and her eyes went back to their beautiful color. She lowered to the floor.

"Maria," I held her.

"Dick," she said weakly.

"I've got you," I said as I held her up. She started crying into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry,"

"hey it's alright," I said as I rubbed circles on her back.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed.

"I have a darkness with in me." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

"What do your mean?" I asked.

"Before Star City and after I was in Smallville, I was with a man known as Constantine. He practiced the dark arts. He helped me learn magic and how to defend myself from dark magic." She said.

"I thought you don't practice dark magic?" I asked.

"I don't, but if my enemy is using dark magic I know how to protect myself and then counter their attack with light magic." She said.

"Then what was all that?" I asked.

"While I was learning, Constantine and I discovered that there is a strong sorceress inside me. She helps me preform spells, she doesn't usually try to take control but if I'm being attacked and I can't get out on my own, she takes over and she is not afraid to kill. I've never let her, though." She said.

"Does she have a name?" Tim asked.

"Zodiac," Maria said, "it's why I took on that name." She looked down.

"Come let's get you back to bed." I picked her up and I took her to her room.

She changed and climbed back in bed.

"Good Night, sorry that we attack you, Bruce wanted to see how you would react to being taken hostage and interstates." I Said.

"It's not the first time, Oliver did that a couple times. He always told me ahead that sometimes that week I would be abducted. The first couple times I would brush it off and not prepare and that resulted in me failing. Then I started taking it serious. Every interrogation I passed, Oliver made the next one different and harder." She Said. I nodded as I listened.

"Although the Chinese water torture along with water boarding. That's a new." she smiled.

"Would Zodiac usually help you escape?" I asked.

"No, this is the first time." She said. I nodded.

We talked for a while before I kissed her forehead goodnight.

I got up but she grabbed my wrist. I looked back concerned.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded. I took my shirt and pants off leaving me in my boxers and under shirt. I kicked my shoes off and climbed into bed with Maria. She snuggled up next to me and went to sleep.

________________________
A/n: sorry this is a shorter chapter, but it does give you another look into Maria's past and her powers.
-Zodiac