Chapter 42

Maria pov
Dick and I were playing "board games" again. We finished and I got up to get dressed. The door flew open and I screamed.

"Freeze Zodiac!" A guard yelled.

I Said a freezing spell and the guards froze.

"What did you do?" Dick asked.

"I bought some time, hold them off for me." I Said as I put my suit on and my mask. I kissed Dick and jumped out the window.

I got to the roof and the entire block was surrounded. I jumped to the next roof where Beast Boy was waiting.

"It's been a while since we spared." I said.
He took a collar out and we started fighting.

I won by putting the collar on him. I jumped to the next roof and the building after that was too far away. I turned back and Tim, Damien, Jason and Bruce were behind me.

"Hey, how are you all doing?" I asked innocently.

"Cut the chat Zodiac, you know what you're doing is wrong." Bruce said.

I saw Dick running up behind him.

"Please at least let Jamie and I say goodbye before you take her again." Dick said.

"You know the law, Grayson." Damien said as he and Tim fought fought Dick. I took a step back on the ledge.

"No where to go but down." Bruce said.

"Have you really underestimated me this much?" I asked before they could react I said a flying spell and took off.

Something hard hit me and electrocuted me till it knocked me out.

Dick pov
Maria jumped off the roof and flew. A blur of red and blue came out nowhere and attacked her. I realized it was Clark. I threw Damien and Tim and ran to the edge. Clark flew over to us with Maria in his arms. She had burn marks around her neck.

"Don't worry she's just unconscious." Clark said. I took Maria from him.

"I won't fight for her anymore." I said.

I carried her to the transport van. I kissed her forehead and walked out. Deadshot was in the van also. I gave him a nod and left. Bruce was waiting for me in the BatMobile. I got in and Jamie was also in the vehicle in a Batman themed car seat.

We went to the BatCave. As soon as I got out Bruce punched me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He yelled, making Jamie cry. I got my daughter out and calmed her.

"Waller gave the Suicide Squad two days before they would come after them. Maria came to me. The only heads up I got was when she sent me a message giving me a heads up that she was coming. I didn't tell anyone or report her because I got to see her for a few minutes once every week or so. So of course I let her stay." I said.

"You could have lengthened her sentence." Bruce said.

"She was already getting a deduction on sentencing." I said as I tried to calm Jamie.

"What?" Bruce yelled scarring Jamie even more. Jason and Tim came in with Damien.

"Take her upstairs." I said as I gave my daughter to Jason and They went upstairs.

"What do you mean Waller's deducting her sentence?" He asked.

"I don't know by how much, but she is getting a deduction for being on the Suicide Squad." I said. Bruce looked upset.

"You are suspended till further notice and you and Jamie are moving back Into the Wayne manor. You aren't to visit the Queens with out someone accompanying you. That goes the same for if you are to visit Maria." Bruce said.

"So I'm under house arrest?" I asked.

"If you're going to help a criminal, then you deserve to be treated as one." Bruce said.

"How Can you say that about Maria? She was going to turn herself in today." I said.

"She should have been quicker." Bruce said. I had the urge to punch him but I knew it was pointless.

I went upstairs and I got my daughter from Alfred. I went to my room and slammed the door behind me. I sat Jamie on the floor and I went over and slumped down in a chair. Jamie crawled over to me and grabbed my leg to pull herself up. I smiled at my daughter standing up on her own. I picked her up and held her in my lap.

"We got mommy in trouble and now we're in trouble." I said. She smiled and giggled.

"You have little to no idea what I'm saying." I kissed her forehead.

Maria pov
I woke up in a transport bus. I sat up and moaned.

"Hey you alright?" Floyd asked.

"I feel like I was hit with a train." I wheezed.

"Well you did get side tackled by Superman." He said.

"That would explain it." I said laying back down.

"Did you see your daughter?" He asked.

"Ya, you?" I asked.

"Ya, I got to help her with her homework. She was learning about trajectory. So I helped her with that." He said. I smiled.

A few weeks later I woke up to morning sickness. I instantly knew I was pregnant. I leaned against the wall feeling ashamed. I didn't want to see Dick, I didn't want him to know.

___________________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter
-Zodiac