Act I: Scene Four

ACT I
— Scene 4 —
P O V : H A R R Y

"Okay, I'm done," I said, putting my paintbrush down. Marissa smiled at me from the couch. She got up and ran to my side to admire the painting I had just completed.

"Oh babe, it's beautiful," she said, eyes gleaming.

I grinned, taking her in my arms. "That's only because you're beautiful," I replied with a wink, making her giggle.

She leant in to kiss me, and I closed my eyes as I felt her soft lips on mine. When we pulled away, I smirked.

"You smell delicious babe," I said.

She nodded. "It's because of the cheesecake. Want some?" she said, and a plate of cheesecake appeared in her hand. My eyes widened.

"Where did that come from?" I asked. She shrugged and put a spoonful of cake in my mouth. I closed my eyes as a swallowed the food. When I opened my eyes, I saw that we were both suddenly half naked.

"Where did our clothes go?" I wondered out loud, but I didn't really care. She shrugged again.

"It doesn't matter," she giggled and I nodded.

"I love you, babe," I said.

She looked at me dreamily. "I love you too, Harry."

I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder, shaking me and shaking me until I found myself waking up in my bed. I looked up to see the face of my now-ex girlfriend.

Marissa looked furious. "Harry, what the fuck? I told you to leave last night. I have a date coming to pick me up at twelve, so you better get up befo-"

"Jesus, okay! Just give me an hour or so." I assured, immediately sitting myself up in my bed. I checked the clock. A few minutes past ten. Shit.

My train ticket was for eleven, so in order not to miss it, I had to hurry. Since it was about a twenty-minute drive away from the station, I had to leave at about ten-thirty. I was glad that I decided to pack my things last night.

I hurried to the bathroom, checking myself in the mirror. I looked a mess. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get it to look okay, and then washed my face. I put on a button down shirt and black jeans, which I paired with some brown Chelsea boots.

I brushed my teeth, put on my jacket and then found Marissa upstairs.

"Marissa?" I called out. She looked up from her phone, and her eyes met mine.

"What do you want, Harry?" She answered, sighing.

I thought for a bit, wondering how I should say goodbye.

"L-Listen," I began. "You know you've always made really good cheesecake..."

Marissa looked confused. I continued, "But now it's time for me to enjoy Newcastle Sunday roast."

"What the fuck are you trying to say?" she snapped. I realised that I wasn't making any sense.

"I just mean, uh, I think this is good for us, and for me," I said.

She sighed, gesturing me to leave, "Okay, Harry. Don't get run over or anything."

I collected my luggage and bike and greeted the Uber driver, Jesus, waiting outside for me. I started to load my things in the trunk. I could tell he was starting to get irritated when I couldn't figure out how to fold up my bike.

"Hold up... I erm... Almost got it" I struggled. Finally, Jesus sighed and helped me get it into the trunk. I got into the back of the cab, buckling my seatbelt.