Act II: Scene Twelve

ACT II
— Scene 12 —
P O V :  H A R R Y

I pulled on my jeans one leg at a time, then opened the wardrobe to search for a shirt. Louis yawned, sitting up in the bed.

"Good morning," I said, smiling. He ignored me, rubbing his eyes and staring at the empty space next to him.

"What?" I asked, turning back to him.

"Where are you going?" he asked, "It's early, innit? I haven't heard any screeching yet."

I shrugged, pulling on a jumper, "It's eleven; we must have slept through it."

Louis sighed, having to squint from the sunlight, "You didn't answer my question."

"Oh," I started, "I was going to Liam's, if that's okay."

Louis sat up, "Liam's? Since when are you two so close?"

I narrowed my eyes, "We're not so close, he just invited me over to his house, that's all. You can come too, you know." I offered, putting my hands on my hips.

Louis waved his hand at me, signalling me to go ahead. "It's fine, I'm sorry," he said, "I'm just grumpy."

I smiled at him, grabbing the keys off the nightstand. I left the flat and walked a few steps to Liam's door.

I knocked three times before he opened the door.

"Harry!" he exclaimed, pulling me into a friendly hug. "Did you notice?" he asks when we pulled away. 

"What?" I questioned, stepping inside of his house.

"Niall got soundproof walls!" He cried out.

"Ah, that makes sense," I said, "I'm glad he finally got around to it."

I looked around his living room, realising how similar it was to ours.

"Do you want anything to drink? We could go to Starbucks if you want," he offered.

I nodded, "I haven't had Starbucks since- Nevermind."

Liam laughed, "Alright then."

We left his flat, turning the corner at the end of our street. The Starbucks was practically a few steps away from where we lived.

Liam ordered first, while I decided on what to get. I couldn't choose between a vanilla latte or a caramel latte. Suddenly, I got an idea, and stepped up to the counter.

"Yeah, can I have a, uh, vanilla latte with a shot of that caramel creamer?" I asked.

The barista nodded, and the two of us sat down at a table to wait to be served.

"How's Louis?" Liam asked, "And why didn't he come?

I shrugged. "He woke up pretty late, and he was all tired and grumpy," I explained, resting my chin in my hand.

"Ah, I see," Liam nodded.

Our drinks arrived, and I took a sip of my warm coffee. "You, know I love Starbucks, but my ex-girlfriend somehow hated it."

Liam's eyes widened, almost spitting out his coffee, "Mine did as well!"

"Wait," I said, "You've had a girlfriend before?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've had a few. I'm straight, which most people don't expect, being a drag queen and all," he informed me.

"Right, I see," I said, "Have you ever questioned your sexuality, though?"

He thought for a moment, before responding, "Well, when I first got into drag, I was mainly surrounded with gay men, so I felt a bit out of place. But even then, I didn't question it much."

"I... I like girls too," I told him, suddenly growing a bit nervous, "But how can you be sure that you only like girls?"

"I don't know, I guess that's just the way it's always been. I've never liked a guy before, or anything," he explained.

We sat in silence for a bit, taking sips of our coffee.

"So, you're straight," I started. Liam nodded, looking a bit lost.

"And Louis' gay," I continued. He still seemed confused.

I shut my eyes for a few moments, taking a deep breath, "And... what if I'm bi?"

Liam's face softened. I started to shake, nervous as to what he'd reply with.

"Well," he started, "Do you like girls and boys?"

The answer was obvious.

"Well, yeah," I replied.

"Technically, that's what being bisexual means," Liam said with a smile. I nodded slowly.

"I'm bi, then," I blurted out. I couldn't believe that I was finally saying it. I felt dizzy, but in a nice way. A huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and I was free.

"I... I've never said that out loud before. It feels nice, to be honest," I told him, blushing. Liam grinned proudly.

"Congratulations, then," he beamed. "You've never told anyone else?" he asked. I shook my head. "Even Louis?"

"Well, Louis and I aren't that close," I said, trying to sound casual.

Liam frowned, "You only met me a couple days ago, though. Besides, you practically treated him like your husband last night"

I felt my face reddening, "W-what? What do you mean?"

Liam rolled his eyes, "C'mon Harry, stop pretending to be anything but absolutely whipped for him."

"Stop it Liam, we're just close friends," I assured him.

He laughed, "Just a second ago, you told me you weren't very close, and now you're telling me that you're close friends? What's the truth?"

I sighed, "Look, Liam, just give it up already."

After a minute or so of silence, I spoke up.

"But if I did like him, it's not like he'd like me back, or anything," I said, trying not to sound too obvious.

Liam smirked, "Oh, I see how it is."

"I'm being serious. Besides, he probably thinks I'm straight, anyways," I said.

"Why don't you tell him?" he suggested.

"Liam, for the last time, I don't like Louis! Just give it a rest!" I screamed, catching the attention of a few others in the cafe.

Liam laughed. "No, I meant coming out to him," he explained, finishing his drink.

Oh.

"Um, I guess I could," I squeaked out, staring at the leftover foam in my cup.

He took a deep breath, "I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you to come out to him, Harry. You should tell him when you're ready."

I thought for a moment. Louis had already come out to me so easily, so how hard could it be for me to do the same?

Liam looked up at me, "Where is Louis, anyways?"

AN: Ahhh sorry for the lack of updates! We promise to be back on track soon x
— Ava and Melina