Act II: Scene Three

ACT II
— Scene 3 —
P O V :  L O U I S

I unlocked the door, and the two of us stepped inside. I admired my surroundings, pleased to see that everything looked like it did online. The flat was modern and sleek, yet somehow it felt so cozy. In the living room, the soft, grey couch paired perfectly with the glass coffee table. In the dining room was another glass table, paired with a faux fur rug underneath.

It was just like I imagined, apart from long-haired hippie boy that ended up tagging along. A big part of me was upset. This was meant to be a chance to escape from everyone, and find myself, alone. Why did I offer my flat to him? What was I thinking?

Harry excitedly pranced around the ground floor, before realising it wasn't the only story. His eyes found the spiral staircase, and he looked at it with wonder.

"It's a three-story flat, " I said.

With that, Harry sprinted up the stairs looking like a kid in a candy store. A huge grin filled his face, and he was clearly way too excited. I rolled my eyes and followed him up the steps, dragging my suitcases behind me.

Once I reached the first floor, I set my luggage down in the bedroom. I put my hands on my hips, catching my breath.

The bedroom was beautiful. It consisted of a double bed, two nightstands, a desk, and a wardrobe. The most prominent feature, however, was the huge window that covered almost the entirety of the wall. As the sun was setting, golden light filled the room, reflecting off the glass furniture.

Soon, I heard Harry call me from upstairs.

"Louis?" he shouted, "Is there another bedroom?"

I scratched my head, heading up the steps. I hadn't considered where Harry was going to sleep.

"Um, no, there isn't," I started, "But I could sleep on the couch if you'd like; I don't mind."

Harry's eyes widened at my suggestion. "No way! That's just unfair. I'll sleep on the couch," he argued. I scoffed.

"Look, why don't we both just sleep in the bed? There's enough room," I said, before realising how it came out.

I continued, "No homo, though."

"Oh, uh, yeah. Alright," said Harry, looking a bit uneasy.

I smiled, trying to ease the awkward tension. "You can start unpacking, if you want. I'm going to head to Tesco to grab us some food," I said.

Harry's eyes lit up, "Can you please get me some bananas?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at the suggestion, "Sure, I guess. Make yourself at home."

I went downstairs and left the flat, making sure to lock the door.

P O V :  H A R R Y

After Louis left, I spent a few minutes packing. I carefully folded my jeans and hung up my shirts, placing them in the wardrobe.

My stomach quickly started to rumble, and I realised that I hadn't eaten all day.

I walked down the steps and made my way into the kitchen. Even though Louis would be coming back from the store shortly, I searched the cupboards for food. If I didn't eat something now, I feared I would eat my hand off.

I finally found some bread and peanut butter, and put the bread in the toaster. Since I hated being startled by the toast popping up, I went back upstairs and continued packing.

I was so deep into thought that I didn't realise how long I had spent, and cursed under my breath, since the toast was probably cold by now.

I ran down the steps, hoping that the toast wasn't too cool to melt the peanut butter. To my surprise, I saw the complete opposite.

Flames rose from the toaster, and I panicked, not knowing how to deal with the situation. I didn't see any fire extinguishers anywhere, and I was frozen in place. If only Louis was here.

On cue, I heard the key sliding into the keyhole, indicating that Louis was about to enter. I sprinted to the door and opened it before Louis could even turn the key. He stumbled and almost fell on top of me.

I screamed, "There's a fucking fire in the kitchen!"

Louis dropped the groceries, his eyes widening as he ran to where I pointed. He got the fire extinguisher and handed it to me.

I'd never used a fire extinguisher before, so I tried my hardest to figure it out. On the first try, the nozzle was pointed the wrong way, and I ended up spraying Louis in the face. Oops.

I pointed it in the correct direction, and soon the fire was out. Now, both Louis and the toaster were covered in white foam.

Louis rinsed off his face in the sink, and then turned to me with a death glare.

"When I said to make yourself at home, I didn't mean to start a fire."

I hesitated, not knowing how to apologise, "I'm sorry Louis, I'm so, so, so sorry. I thought the toast would pop out when it was done; I'm so stupid, I'm sorry."

Louis sighed, rubbing his temples, "It's fine; at least we put it out."

---

Louis was at the stove, stirring a pot of spaghetti hoops. I was sat patiently at the table, fiddling with my cutlery.

A few minutes later, he brought the pot over and dished some out into both of our bowls.

"This isn't exactly gourmet, but it'll do," said Louis, sitting down at the table.

Little does he know, spaghetti hoops are my favourite.

We ate in silence, apart from the awkward slurping noises. I wondered if Louis would always find me this annoying. I thought of the past few days, and all of the chaos that occurred. Suddenly, a thought came to me.

"You don't happen to have a porcelain doll collection, do you?" I blurted out.

Louis laughed, "What the actual fuck? Why would I, a grown man, have a doll collection?"

I realised how stupid of a question it was. "I'm just checking," I said, blushing.

Louis raised his eyebrows, but soon shrugged and went back to his food.

The rest of the meal, if you could even call it that, was silent. When we finished, we washed our dishes in the sink.

---

Louis changed into his pyjamas while I brushed my teeth in the washroom. I walked back into the bedroom, about to take my clothes off as usual, until I remembered that I was going to sleep with Louis. What was I supposed to do now?

"Uh, Louis? I kind of... sleep naked?" I winced. Louis scratched his head and put his hands on his hips.

"I'm afraid you won't be able to do that here," he sighed, gesturing to the bed. I nodded.

"Right, I'll just sleep in my briefs, if that's okay," I suggested, "I really can't fall asleep with pyjamas on."

"Alright, that's fine," Louis said.

Soon, we were both lying on opposite sides of the bed, facing away from each other.

I turned towards him. "Louis?" I said to his back, blinking so my eyes could adjust to the darkness.

"Mm?" Louis said sleepily.

"Goodnight," I said, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight Harry," he replied, before I drifted off.

AN: Larry is officially living together! :)

Ava and Melina