Act II: Scene Seven

ACT II
— Scene 7 —
P O V : L O U I S

I woke up, fluttering my eyes, expecting to find Harry facing me like always. This morning however, I awoke to the feeling of hair in my mouth. I gagged, spitting out the greasy strands.

My right arm was asleep, and it took me a while to realise why. Harry was laying on top of it, whilst my left arm was wrapped tightly around his torso. My body stiffened, unsure of what to do.

Removing my top arm was easy, but the arm beneath Harry was stuck in place. No matter how hard I tried to pull it out, it stayed put. After a while of trying, Harry began to move. I froze, realising I was about to be caught spooning some straight boy.

It's not like I got into this position on purpose. I swear, when we fell asleep, we were at least a foot apart, and completely separated. How this happened overnight, I had no idea.

"Uh, Louis?" Harry's raspy voice said, just barely waking up.

I panicked, trying to think of an excuse. What if he was weirded out by this, or got an impression that this was how all gay guys were, trying to seduce every guy they meet.

"You see, I used to sleep with this giant uh, teddy bear," I cleared my throat, still in the same uncomfortable position.

Harry sat up, freeing my arm. He looked at me, confused at first, and then laughed a bit.

"It's okay," he started, "I understand. My sister Gemma got me one of those for Valentine's day a few years ago."

Good, it worked.

I relaxed, "Yeah, I used to sleep with it every night. Sometimes the habit of holding something comes back." I explaining, getting out of bed.

"Right, no homo, then," Harry said, slipping on a shirt. I nodded, grabbing some clothes myself. I muttered something about going to change, and then walked into the bathroom to put on my clothes.

When I came out of the bathroom, Harry was already in the kitchen preparing our cereal. It was habit for us to eat the same thing every morning, since we both agreed that cereal was God's greatest gift.

Speaking of God, when we were about to sit down and eat, we heard a loud knocking at the door.

"Go get the door," I told him, and he glanced at me before walking towards it.

I assumed it was the blender I was expecting to arrive today, so I calmly ate my cereal, waiting for Harry to come back with the package.

"Louis, come here," Harry shouted from the front door. I must have to sign for the package.

I walked towards the door, surprised to see the bleach blonde church boy on our doorstep.

"Hey, Louis," he said, giving me a warm smile.

I stared back at him, waiting for him to explain himself.

"Um, I know we got off to a rough start," he started. I nodded.

Niall took a deep breath, "And I was wondering if the two of you wanted to come over and hang out; Maybe we could try to get to know each other, you know?"

I thought for a moment, and then looked at Harry for approval. He seemed to be okay with it, so I nodded.

"Alright, what time should we come over?" I asked.

"How about now?" Niall suggested cheerfully. Harry and I took one look at each other and both shrugged.

"Sure, why not?" I said, "We'll be over in a few minutes."