Act II: Scene Sixteen

ACT II
— Scene 16 —
P O V : L O U I S

The four of us were in the queue for the ferris wheel, when Niall ran up behind us.

"Where were you guys?" he asked, out of breath, "I've been searching all around the park for almost an hour."

Guilty looks spread across all of our faces, and Liam looked at Niall with gritted teeth.

"Sorry about that," he apologised, 'We thought it would be best to, well, leave you to your 'studies'."

Niall rolled his eyes, "Is that all I am to you? A Jesus lover?"

We all nodded.

"Yep, pretty much," I said, "It's practically all you talk about."

He sighed, "I love ferris wheels, though. Next time, call me over."

We reached the front of the line, and the ride manager spoke up, "I'm sorry, but the limit is three people per cart."

Liam gasped, acting as if he were in genuine shock, "Well, I guess I'll go with Niall and Zayn, which leaves the two lover boys together."

Before either of us could argue, Liam pushed the two of us into the cart.

"Bye, kids!"

I frantically turned to glare at Liam, who just smiled and gave me a thumbs up. The worker shut the gate, and soon we started our ascent.

So this was his plan.

I turned to Harry to see him shaking his head, giggling a bit.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

He looked back at me, "Nothing."

At first, I was annoyed at Liam. Did he seriously think this awkward situation would cause me to ask Harry out?

Harry gripped the handle bar tightly, his eyes widening.

"Look at the view!" He beamed, swinging his legs and pointing towards the skyline.

I scoffed, "Wow, you can even see the toilets from here!"

"Shut up," He giggled, nudging me playfully. I smiled.

We sat in silence, and a sigh escaped Harry's lips as he rested his head on my shoulder. I felt my heart beat louder in my chest.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.

"So," I started, biting my lip, "Liam's drag show is next week."

Harry nodded.

"And um, I was wondering..." I trailed off, fearing I was making a mistake.

Harry lifted his head to squint at me, "Go on."

I looked him in the eyes, and said it, "Would you like to go with me?"

Harry's eyebrows furrowed.

"I kind of assumed we were going together, considering we're both friends with him," he said, confused.

"No, Harry," I explained, " I mean, like, a uh..."

I looked at my feet.

"Like a date," I admitted, holding my breath.

I felt my hands start to sweat, clinging to the bar in front of me. What was he going to say?

"Oh," he said, "Yeah, that would be... nice."

I turned back to him, my lips slightly parted, "Really?"

His eyes met mine, and he nodded, a small smile appearing on his face.