Act IV: Scene Three

ACT IV
— Scene 3 —
P O V : H A R R Y
DAY FOUR

I was sitting in the bed with a spoonful of ice cream in my hand as I watched "13 Going On 30" when I heard a car pulling in outside.

I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over to the window.

Louis' car.

I immediately put down the ice cream and ran downstairs. I could hear the doorbell ring over my pounding heartbeat.

I was almost to the door when everything started fading away.

I opened my eyes and tried to process what had just happened. I squinted, trying to adjust my eyes to the light.

It was a dream, I realised miserably.

My phone screen was lit up, and I reached for it to see why.

It wasn't a doorbell, but a fucking text from Sean.

I groaned out loud as I unlocked my phone to see the message. When I saw the image he had sent, I froze.

It was a full-on dick pic. Lovely.

I scrolled to the message he sent with it.

Sean: How about a take two of the other day? ;)

I rolled my eyes and began to regret never blocking him. After making sure I had my read receipts off, I locked my phone.

The unwanted text had interrupted my nap, so I closed my eyes in hopes that I would fall asleep again. However, the sleep never came, so I grabbed my phone again and dialled Louis' number, which had become almost routine over the past couple of days.

I waited lamely as I listened to it ring, before hearing Louis' voicemail greeting. After the tone, I started to speak.

"Louis, I had a dream about you. You were coming home, and for a moment I was stupid enough to believe it was real. Please come back. I'll be waiting for you."

As soon as I hit the "end call" button, the doorbell rang.

I felt a strange sense of deja vu as I made my way over to the door. A small part of me was hoping that maybe it would be Louis, so I was slightly disappointed in who I saw instead.

"Niall?" I said, scratching my head.

"Hello Harry," he responded. "How are you feeling?"

"Not so great," I answered honestly.

Without an invitation, he stepped inside and made his way over to the living room, sitting down on the sofa. I bit my lip, walking over to sit beside him.

"That's understandable," he said simply.

I nodded lamely.

"But is that all? Just Louis that's bringing you down?"

"There are some other things, but Louis mainly," I shrugged, slouching down on the couch.

He raised his eyebrows. "I'm all ears."

I debated if it was a good idea to tell Niall about Sean.

After a while I sighed, deciding that there was no reason not to open up.

"Just look at my recent texts," I said, handing Niall my unlocked phone.

I watched as the poor boy's eyes widened and he threw my phone unto the couch in surprise with a gasp.

"I can't believe you would show me such an unholy image!"

"You said I could tell you what's going on," I said, managing to choke out a giggle, my first laugh in a while.