Act I: Scene Eight

ACT I
— Scene 8 —
P O V : H A R R Y

"Good morning!" the family shrieked, pulling the blanket off me. Since it was only seven in the morning, I could hardly process what was going on.

The entire family screamed, throwing the blanket back on top of me. I rubbed my eyes, confused, until I realised what happened. Fucking hell, an entire family just saw my dick.

"What the-" I started, watching the children run away, screeching in horror. The parents remained beside my bed, looking away.

"Uh, we're just... gonna go," said the mom, coughing. The father nodded, and led his wife out the room, closing the door behind him.

What a great start to the day.

I reluctantly got out of bed and got dressed, matching a pink button-down with a pair of black jeans. I grabbed all my things and ran my fingers through my hair a couple times in front of the mirror. After a saying an uncomfortable goodbye to the parents, I left the hotel room.

I walked over to the front desk, where the same lady from yesterday was sitting. When she spotted me I could hear her muttering something under her breath, but I couldn't quite catch it. Nevertheless, I gave her a small smile.

"Good morning ma'am, do you happen to know where the breakfast buffet is?" I asked. She nodded and pointed to her left. "Right that way, sweet pea," she said kindly.

I nodded gratefully, "Excellent." I made my way to the direction she was pointing in, only for her to stop me.

"However," she started, making me turn around to face her, "I'm afraid you don't have access to the buffet."

I frowned. "Why is that?" I replied, furrowing my eyebrows. "You're not paying for your own room," she explained.

"Oh, no breakfast for me then," I muttered, feeling defeated. The woman just nodded. I continued, "I was also wondering, do you have any maps of the city?"

"I'm sorry, we ran out yesterday," she said. I was beginning to think that she was just fucking with me.

"I see... that's fine, thank you," I said with as much sweetness as I could muster. It was fine, I could make do without a map, or breakfast.

I made my way out the lobby and stepped outside. I put on my sunglasses; it was that type of day where the sky was covered in clouds, but the sun behind them still made you squint.

I began walking, not really knowing where I was going. My stomach growled, but I ignored it.

I had been walking for about ten minutes, seeing nothing of interest to me. My surroundings were mainly houses and corner shops. That was, until I saw a modern art museum, just a few blocks ahead. I smiled and continued walking. I was happy that there was at least something good about this city.

I finally reached the museum, and was delighted to see that admission was free. I grabbed a map and headed to the galleries.

The artwork was all so beautiful. In Leeds, we had little to no museums, so it was rare for me to visit one. I strolled through the gallery, stopping to admire the artwork every now and then.

I had spent about two hours here, and I only had one more exhibit to visit. It was a collection of pieces by Kevin Townes. Tons of people were crowded in the room, since Townes was a very famous modern artist.

Although this guy was highly regarded, I wasn't a huge fan of his work. It seemed like he put hardly any effort into his paintings, and then sold them for ridiculous amounts.