Act III: Scene Five

ACT III
— Scene 5 —
P O V :  L O U I S

I stepped inside the flat, carrying multiple bags of groceries in my arms.

"Harry, a little help here?" I called out, struggling to hold the heavy bags. Almost immediately, I saw Harry saw rush down the stairs.

He grinned and took a few bags from my arms, placing them on the kitchen counter. We started putting away the groceries, when Harry looked up at me.

"Wait, you like kale?" he asked, holding up a bag of kale leaves. I frowned.

"No, it's awful," I told him, putting a tub of ice cream in the freezer, "I bought it for you."

He gave me a puzzled look, "How did you know I like kale?"

I laughed, "Well, last night you kind of... talked in your sleep."

His eyes widened. "Shit, what did I say?"

"Relax," I started, "You just said something along the lines of 'I haven't had kale in over a month'... and then something about how you might die without it."

"Oh, thanks, I guess," he said sheepishly. I mumbled a "You're welcome" and walked out into the living room.

"Wanna play Fifa?" I suggested, and Harry groaned.

"We literally always play Fifa," he complained. "Let's do something outside the house for once."

I crossed my arms, "Uh, we could go to Primrose Hill?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Why would we go to some random hill?"

"That's the name of a park, Harry," I said, rolling my eyes.

He nodded slowly, "Oh, sure, we should bike there!"

"How would that even work? You know I don't own a bike," I told him, squinting my eyes.

A grin began to spread across his face. "I think I have an idea."

---

"Okay, open your eyes!"

I did as I was told, slowly opening my eyes. Harry stood next to his bike, which was attached to a bike trailer.

"Explain, please," I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"You know," he shrugged happily, "I'll ride the bike, you'll sit there." He pointed to the trailer.

I shook my head, "I'm way too big for that thing."

He chuckled. "Louis, you're only 5'6; I'm pretty sure you'll fit."

"I'll have you know that I am 5'9, thank you very much," I shot back, only making him giggle more.

"Why don't you just try?" Harry said. I reluctantly dragged myself to the trailer and hopped inside with ease.

"Told you!" Harry cheered, sitting down on the seat of the bike.

I sighed, "Whatever, I'm still 5'9. This is probably extremely unsafe, by the way. Didn't you sell drugs to get this thing?"

Harry gripped on the handlebars tighter, "Don't bring that up. It's a perfectly good trailer, though."

I sighed, "Alright, let's get going, then. If I die, you can keep my Xbox."

Harry happily nodded, and without warning, he began to pedal. I gripped the sides of trailer as the bike stumbled into the street, surrounded by cars and buses.