Act III: Scene Ten

ACT III
— Scene 10 —
P O V : H A R R Y

"I know you feel what I feel, Alec."

Grace squealed from the couch, where she watched the TV, mesmerised by the scene. Louis, who was attempting to start dinner, tapped his foot in frustration.

"Will you lower the volume?" he called out, "I'm trying to concentrate."

I smiled. I was sat on top of the kitchen counter as I watched Louis cook. I didn't actually believe he'd make such a fancy meal, but he was true to his word.

Grace, who kept her eyes glued to the screen, grinned, and lowered the volume.

"Do you need any help?" I asked, dangling my legs around. "I'm quite good in the kitchen."

Louis didn't look up from the stove, but I still saw his lips form into a smile. "S'alright, love, I got it."

I shrugged and tapped anxiously on the counter. I watched fondly as Louis began to hum. He stuck his tongue out as he focused on cooking the chicken.

I couldn't help but snap a picture. I sent the photo to the group chat with Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn, and smirked when I saw the notification pop up on Louis' phone.

Harry: [Photo]

Harry: Louis' first ever cooking experience ;)

I put my phone down, and moments later me and Louis' phone both buzzed.

Liam: Good luck lad!! Bet it's steamy in there... You decide what that means

I chuckled and typed a quick reply before setting my phone back down.

"Holy shit, I've made some decent mash," Louis told me, his mouth full.

I raised my eyebrows. "Ooh, let me try!"

Louis nodded and dipped a small spoon in the mash potato, and brought it over to me.

"A little spoonful for the little spoon," he said, almost to himself, as he brought the food to my lips. I blushed and took a bite off the spoon.

"Well?" Louis asked hopefully.

My face broke into a grin. "Bloody amazing."

Louis' eyes crinkled in delight. Without a word, he took the spoon from my hand and brought it to his nose, trying to balance it there.

After multiple failures, I giggled and grabbed the spoon.

"Come here, idiot."

I grabbed his face with my hands, planting a tiny kiss on his nose.

He pulled back shyly, staring at me with flushed cheeks.

"I totally just saw that," Grace said from across the kitchen.

She raised her glass of orange juice to the ceiling. "I'd like to thank Jesus for allowing me to witness that iconic moment," she beamed, making us all laugh.

---

I pulled off my shirt as Louis was sprawled on the bed, laying on his back with his hands rested on his stomach.

I walked over to the small lamp on the night stand, turning it off and getting into the bed. I brought the sheets over our bodies and Louis instantly turned to his side and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Goodnight," I said softly, shutting my eyes.

I felt Louis' chest rise and fall against my back as he breathed, and I let my mind drift. We had only been in Newcastle for two days, and we were leaving the next morning. I was pleased at how well I got along with Grace, and I knew I would miss her when we left.