Act IV: Scene Six

ACT IV
— Scene 6 —
P O V : H A R R Y
DAY FOURTEEN

Song: When by dodie

"Two weeks," I spoke into the phone, "It's been two fucking weeks since you left."

I paused for a second, taking a deep breath.

"I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep waiting on you. I'm losing my patience, Louis."

I ended the voicemail, wondering if he was even listening to any of them.

To be honest, I didn't know what to think anymore. I was losing more and more hope with each day.

I had been crying so much that it seemed impossible to have any tears left, but here I was, with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks once again.

All this time alone led to a lot of thinking. Since I moved here, money had never been an issue, since Louis had quite a bit of money in the bank, and he'd pay for the two of us. Now that he was gone, I had to start thinking about getting a job. Unfortunately, I had little motivation do so.

On top of all that, I haven't painted at least once since he left.

Now, everytime the doorbell rang, I would automatically get my hopes up and think it's him. So when I heard the loud familiar noise, I jumped up from the bed.

I nervously rushed down the stairs and opened the door.

It was Sean.

"Hey," said Sean, "Why'd you block me? There's no need to play hard to get."

I let out a huge sob, unable to hold it in anymore. It's not what Sean said that made me upset, but him showing up to our doorstep is what pushed me over the edge.

"Why are you crying?" Sean said, clearly confused.

I slowly looked up, glaring at him.

"You know what?" I said, my anguish quickly turning to anger, "Fuck off. "

Sean's eyes widened.

"I'm sick of you being creepy and invasive to me all the time," I continued, wiping off my tears. "Just- Don't try contacting me, or my friends, ever again."

He looked at me blankly.

"Got it?"

Without even waiting for a response, I slammed the door in his face and rushed upstairs to get my phone.

I got to the bedroom, out of breath, and shakily grabbed my phone, calling Grace.

Pacing back and forth, I waited for her to pick up. After a few rings and more tears streaming down my face, I heard Grace's voicemail greeting.

"Please leave a message after the to-"

I hung up, devastated, and did the only thing I felt like doing.

I called Louis.

P O V : L O U I S

My phone rang.

It was Harry. I sighed, resting it on the couch to let it go to voicemail like I always did. After a few moments, I got a new voicemail.

Like always.

Ever since the first day I came to Newcastle, I'd been getting a voicemail from Harry every few days or so. So far I've ignored them, not even listening to one.

For some reason, I felt slightly tempted to listen to at least one. I didn't know if it would be a bad idea or not, but the suspense was killing me.