Multiply

Here is the first chapter for "Finding Home."

Enjoy

-

Six year old Normani held three year old Lauren, as she looked through both ends of the tube. She could feel her sister shake from the cold. Normani pulled her closer, trying to sooth her as much as she could.

"You're okay?" Normani asked, looking at the head of dark hair.

Lauren nodded, curling up closer to Normani. The older girl sighed, and leaned back. It had been two weeks since they had ran away. Normani had stuffed two backpacks with their things, and they ran. Well, Normani ran and Lauren just followed.

Normani was not going leave her baby sister with those monsters. Not after what they did to the girl.

"We'll be okay," Normani whispered, holding Lauren, who sighed contently. "We'll be okay."

-

"Don't run too far, okay?" Twenty five year old Dinah told her three year old daughter, Camila.

The little girl nodded and ran off to the play structure. She giggled as she ran through the sand. She looked at the tube and decided to crawl through it, but stopped when she saw a small body sleeping inside.

Her shoes shook the tube, waking the other person up. Camila looked at the emerald eyes staring back at her. "Hi."

The girl let out a whimper.

"I won'd huwt you," Camila said, taking a step towards the girl.

The other girl shook her head, tears streaming down her face.

Camila was scared. She took a step back and shouted for her mother.

-

Hearing her daughter's shouts, Dinah ran as fast as she could. She saw Camila pointing into the tube. Dinah was scared there was an older person in there, a pedophile. She crouched down and looked inside. She frowned when she saw a small body curling up in the middle.

"Hey," Dinah whispered, wanting to get the child's attention, but not wanting to scare them too much. Dinah could see the feature of the child and could determine it was a little girl.

The little girl whimpered. Dinah was about to crawl inside when she was pushed away. It wasn't hard enough to drop her, but it was hard enough to make her lose some balance.

"Leave her alone!" A small voice shouted. Dinah just saw another small figure crawl into the tube and pull the other girl towards her.

Dinah crouched down to see a little black girl hold the smaller girl. "We're not going to hurt you."

The girl didn't say anything. The smaller one tried to hide behind the older girl.

"Where are your parents?"

The older girl shook her head. "No, you can't take us back!" Normani slowly moved back towards the other exit. "Get on."

Dinah watched as the smaller girl climbed on the older girl's back and wrapped her arms around her neck.

The older girl started to crawl away. Dinah ran to the other end and knelt down.

"I'm not going to send you back. Look, it's not safe out here. We're not going to hurt you okay? How about you come home with me? You can get cleaned up, have a nice meal. We'll decide what happens from there, okay?"

The older girl turned to the younger one, who opened her mouth and pointed inside with a nod.

"Why?"