Cake

I'm back. My thesis month has ended and I survived. I took two days off to write and rest. Here is chapter 28.

-

"Oh my god!" Dinah exclaimed, as she ran away from a tiny Nala. The tiny lion was running after her, giggling. "Ally save me!"

The little Nala stopped and turned to Ally. She let out a small roar.

Ally turned to Dinah. "She's going to eat me. You're on your own. Anyways, this little monkey needs a bath."

"Bye Lolo," Camila said, waving her little hand.

Lauren climbed onto the couch and jumped onto Dinah, who fell.

"Oh no, the lion is going to eat me!"

Lauren giggled. She reached over and gently bit Dinah's neck like a lion. Dinah cried out and then just slumped on the ground, dead.

Lauren took a step back and ran after Leo.

Dinah pushed herself back up and smiled. Lauren's birthday was soon and they were preparing for it.

Dinah wondered if the Martins ever celebrated Lauren's birthday, and hoped they didn't. She knew if they did, it would have ruined the day for her.

Lauren moved to lay down next to Dinah, who held her close.

"'ove Mama, 'ove."

"I love you Lo," Dinah repeated, smiling.

-

Dinah walked in to the kitchen, each Camila and Lauren koala hugging her legs. Normani followed behind with Nala.

"All right Monkeys, time to get off."

Lauren shook her head and hugged Dinah's left leg tighter. "No," Lauren whispered.

"Then you won't get to see your birthday cake," Dinah said.

Upon hearing the word, Lauren let go and ran to her chair. She raised her arms for her older mother to place her on her booster chair. Her eyes widened as she looked at her Lion King themed birthday cake. There were also Lion King themed cups, plates and napkins. She looked up at her mothers. "Mine?"

Dinah smiled. "It's for you."

"All mine?" Lauren signed, looking up at her taller mother.

"You won't finish it all," Dinah told her.

Lauren gave her a look, saying, are you sure?

Ally decided to butt in before Lauren could accept the challenge. "Don't you want your sister to have some?"

Lauren shrugged. She watched as Dinah placed the four candles on the cake.

"Mommy," Lauren called, pointing to the fire. She made a sizzling sound.

Ally nodded her head. "Yeah, it burns."

Lauren nodded her head.

"Mama," Camila called, sitting on her chair.

"Yes Tigger, you'll cake later. Lauren just has to make her wishes."

Lauren nodded her head, even though she didn't know about the wishes.

"Mama, 'py," Lauren said, pointing to herself.

"How old are you Boo Boo Bear?"

Lauren looked down at her hand. She held up two fingers. "Mani."

"No Lo, you're four," Normani corrected, holding up four fingers.

Lauren huffed. She turned to her mothers who were smiling.