Replace

So I tried to do some research, and I think I have Dinah's six other siblings (minus the one that Milika gave away and the one she is currently carrying). So Funaki, Kamila, Daniel, Kauvaka, Regina and Seth? Are they right or not? Does she have an eighth one? I saw an interview that said eight. I don't know anymore. Who am I missing? This is important for the next chapter.

I'm kind of hoping this chapter breaks your heart.

To the story!

-

Normani had eyes. She could see. And she wasn't happy. Lauren was always around Camila. Lauren always chose Camila. Normani miss those days when Lauren was just hers.

Normani was grateful for her new family, she really was, but Lauren was hers first.

-

"Boo-boo Bear, want to watch television?" Normani asked. It was Saturday and she had no school. She wanted to spend the day with Lauren. They hadn't had a Normani-Lauren day in some time, and Normani missed it.

"Dora with Camz," Lauren signed, looking at her hands.

"Can I watch too?" Normani asked, giving her little sister a smile.

Lauren nodded her head. She grabbed Leo and ran out the room.

Normani sighed. (It had been a few months since Dinah and Camila had found them, and Lauren was comfortable around the two other women. It was refreshing to see of course, but Normani missed when Lauren only communicated with her.) She followed Lauren to the living room, where Camila was waiting.

-

Normani sat on the couch with Nala, while Camila and Lauren did as Dora said. Not once did Normani felt like she could be part of them. Camila and Lauren were in their own little world. There had been a small marathon of Dora the Explora. And if Normani heard the words Vamanos one last time, she was going to throw the remote control to the television.

"Jump!"

Camila jumped, and Lauren did the same after seeing the older girl do it.

"We did it!"

Camila clapped her hands. Lauren copied her, clapping her hands along with Camila.

"Girls, lunch time!" Ally called out, causing Camila to run off. Lauren walked to the couch and grabbed Nala, who had been watching with Normani.

"Food with Camz," Lauren signed, looking at Normani.

"Let's go," Normani said, a bit of anger in her voice.

Lauren ran off with Nala, Leo chasing after her. Normani sighed and went to the kitchen.

-

Lauren was creating a tower with legos. She passed the pieces to Camila. Normani was watching from the doorway, tears welling up in her eyes. Not once did Lauren hang out with Normani.

Normani wiped the tears in her eyes and took a step back. She turned and ran off to the kitchen.

Normani wrapped her arms around Dinah's legs, tears streaming down her face.

Her foster mother pulled Normani away and knelt down so they were face to face. "What's wrong?"

"Lauren doesn't want me anymore," Normani cried, hugging Dinah.

The older woman frowned but rubbed the girl's back. "I'm sure that isn't right. Lauren loves you. You are her whole world."

Normani shook her head. "She wants Camila."