Night

Chapter 3. These last three chapters have been in the span of hours. Days will start jumping soon. And there will be year jumps. You'll see Teenage Normani, Lauren, and Camila later.

There is nothing dark about this chapter.

You'll get some Laurmani, a tiny bit of Laurinah. A tiny tiny bit of Camally. And a lot of Camila.

Enjoy.

-

Camila had been with Dinah and Ally forever. She didn't remember a time without them. She loved them. But she did get lonely. Lauren and Normani were a refreshing sight. It did make her sad that Lauren didn't seem to want to play. But Normani was nice.

She watched as Lauren and Normani watched the movie (they had moved onto Shrek 2). Lauren was entranced by the talking donkey, while Normani kept an eye on Camila's mothers.

Lauren kept Nala close, not having let go of the lion since waking up. Seeing that made Camila smile. Nala had been a present for her first birthday from Grandma Mili. It felt right to pass it down to Lauren who seemed like she needed it. But she kind of wanted to search her room for another stuffed animal for Normani.

"Okay, time for bed," Dinah said, standing up.

Lauren curled herself against Normani, trying to stay out of sight.

"We have a guest room for you two. Do you want to check it out?"

Normani nodded her head. She got off the couch and helped Lauren climb off.

For someone who was the same age as she was, Lauren sure was tiny. Even Camila was scared to touch her, it felt like a single touch would break Lauren.

Camila followed behind, wanting to see how they liked the room. (It wasn't anything special, but it was still nice.)

Watching both girls, Lauren looked like she wanted to disappear into Normani, so she'd be safe.

Dinah opened the door and showed the two new girls the inside.

"We sleep there?" Normani asked, pointing to the queen sized bed. It was huge. Camila always loved sneaking into the room to jump on the bed. (She had done so for months before she got hurt and had to tell her mothers what happened.)

Ally nodded. "It's for both of you. Maybe tomorrow we can work to getting this room more your styles?"

Normani shrugged.

"Do you want a glass of milk before you go to sleep?" Dinah asked, looking down at the girls.

Lauren let out a small whine. She seemed like she wanted some. Normani looked nervous. Camila grinned.

"Can we haves some?" Camila asked, looking at her mothers.

Dinah nodded her head. She left the room, leaving the girls with Ally.

"Want to get on the bed?" Ally asked, looking at the girls.

Normani turned to Lauren, who was running a finger on the soft blanket.

"We can get on it?"

"Yes!" Camila exclaimed, raising her arms.

Normani flinched while Lauren hurried to hide behind Normani, tears running down her face.

Camila's eyes widened. She didn't expect the two girls to look get scared.

Ally crouched down in front of the girls. Normani stood in front of Lauren.