Tooth

So, the question of the chapter for Want, it was cool to see your responses. The chapter where Lauren says her first word is titled and summarized, and has been for a while. But some responses gave me an idea for this chapter.

-

It had been a month since applying to adopt Normani and Lauren. Things were getting better. Lauren and Normani were getting used to them. They were slowly coming out of their shell.

Once Lauren got over her shyness with her speech therapist, Dr. Kelly had an easier time teaching Lauren sign. The small girl was a fast learner and had the alphabet down. Milika and Patricia babysat the girl when Ally or Dinah were needed at their jobs.

Ally knocked on the door and smiled when she saw her mother and Normani at the doorway.

"Hey Baby, have a fun time?"

"You came back for us," Normani whispered, looking at Ally and Dinah in awe.

Ally knelt down and pulled Normani into her arms. "We'll always come back for you, okay?"

Normani nodded and nuzzled close to Ally, wrapping her little arms around Ally's neck.

They entered the house. Camila was sitting on her grandmother's lap. Lauren, Nala, and Leo were curled up, down for their naps (Milika was against Leo being in the house, but just one look at Lauren with Leo, she quickly gave in and Dinah told her about how Leo kept Lauren calm, Milika allowed the dog in the house and on the couch).

"Mama! Mommy! Shh, Lolo's s'eepin'," Camila whispered, putting her finger over her mouth.

"How were they?" Dinah asked, hugging Camila, and giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"They were great. Perfect angels, but you should probably teach Camila a few more insults. She lost this round," Milika said, grinning.

Camila huffed and hid her face on Dinah's neck.

"Lauren was just adorable, Leo is oddly trained, although he did have some potty troubles. And Normani, bring that girl over more often. She is so sweet," Patricia said, smiling at the girl in her daughter's arms.

Normani blushed. "Thank you."

Ally gave the girl a kiss.

"Thanks for babysitting them," Dinah said, placing Camila on the ground.

"Again, bring them over anytime."

Then came the next Speech Therapy. After having Lauren sound out sounds, they moved on to the sign language session.

"Have you girls tried to sign anything yet?"

Lauren nodded her little head. She concentrated on her hands as she formed four letters. "F-u-c-k."

Tori's eyes widened. She looked at the mothers, who looked just as shocked.

"Who taught you that?" Tori asked, trying to keep the smile from appearing on her face.

Lauren turned to Nala and shrugged.

"G'amma Mili teach us," Camila responded, causing Dinah to face palm herself.

"We aren't leaving the girls with my mother again."

-

Normani looked at her reflection. Her mouth open. A finger moving one of her teeth. She frowned, because none of her other teeth moved.

There was a knock on the door. Normani went to open it and smiled when she saw Lauren standing there. Lauren placed Nala on the ground and turned to Normani.