Player

You guys are going to love Camila in this.

-

Normani was excited. It was Parent's Day and her mothers were going to see everything she did. They were going to see her drawing that hung on the board.

"Mama, I'm excited," Normani said, swinging her legs. She was in the middle seat. Camila was pouting, as the mothers bought another car seat for Camila. Lauren was just petting Nala, making sounds. (Really, she was talking to Nala, but no one knew what she was saying.)

"So are we. We are so excited to see your drawings. Are they just as great as the ones at home?"

Normani nodded her head happily. (The best thing that had happened since adopting the girls was Normani gaining her innocence again. Her voice was taking that innocent turn. It was different from when she first moved in.)

"Mama!" Lauren called out, kicking her little legs.

"Yes Lauren?"

Lauren just hummed. She went back to her conversation with Nala. (After learning to say the four names, Lauren would just say that. Nothing else. She'd walked to Dinah and say, "Mommy" and when Dinah showed her attention, Lauren would just nod and walk away.)

Normani grinned. She squealed when the car came to a stop.

Dinah and Ally exited the car and opened the back seat to unbuckle the two toddlers and helped Normani out.

Dinah carried Lauren, while Ally held Camila and Normani's hands.

Once in the class, Normani pulled Ally to the Wall of Art.

"That's mine," Normani said, jumping in place, pointing to a drawing of five stick figures.

"Das is us," Camila said, her eyes wide.

"That's my family," Normani said, grinning.

Lauren placed her head on Dinah's shoulder and stuck her fingers into her mouth, hugging Nala close.

"Family," Camila repeated, nodding her head.

"'mi'," Lauren whispered, curling up closer to Dinah. "'mi' Mani."

Normani perked up. "Yes, family."

-

"She's a great student," Ms. Shay said, smiling at the girl.

Ally kissed Normani's cheek, as the girl blushed.

"Hey babe," Camila said, winking at the teacher.

Silence.

Ms. Shay looked at the three year old.

Lauren was sitting under the table, hugging Nala.

Dinah and Ally were trying the breath.

Normani was confused.

And Camila. The girl blew the teacher a kiss.

"I can't breath," Dinah said, trying to do so. Ally just looked like a fish, opening and closing her mouth.

Ms. Shay laughed. She shook her head. She showed Camila her ring. "I'm engaged."

Camila frowned and pouted. "Damn."

Dinah started to cough, choking with air. Ally started laughing.

Normani shook her head.

Lauren peaked over the table, confused about what was happening. The girl shrugged and went back to play with Nala.