Chapter 3

I had just left work and was on my way to my sisters to pick up CJ..I got there in about 10 minutes, when I pulled up she was sitting on the porch..I got out and walked up the stairs..

"He lil sis how was work"

"It was fine, where's CJ"

"He's inside napping, you want me to go wake him"

"No thats ok, I wanted to talk to you first"

I said taking a seat next to her..

"So whats up lil sis, what you gotta talk to me about"

I got this big smile on my face as I turned to her..

"I have a date thursday night, so I need for you to watch CJ for me, you mind"

"You know I dont...but who's this date with Sis, got you all googly eyed and stuff'

"Its actually my boss, Mr.Carter, well Shawn, thats his first name"

"You mean that fine piece of man that was on Tv doing that whole Peterson Murder Trial"

"Yeah thats him, he asked me out today and im a lil nervous about it"

"Why"

"I mean I havent really been on andy dates since I was what in the 10th grade, that was a long time ago, Chase is the only guy that I've ever really been serious with, after he died I really didnt have time to do the whole dating thing raising CJ and working so im a little rusty"

"You'll be fine its just dinner, you make small conversation, wear a sexy lil outfit and you'll be fine, dont worry about it"

"Thanks, ill be bringing CJ here around 5 cause he's picking me up at 7:30, that will give me time to get dressed and all that"

"Sounds good, just call before you come so I know to be expecting you"

I nodded, before I could say anything else I heard a small cry coming from inside..

"Sounds like somebody is up, you want me to get him, or you want to get him"

"Ill get him"

I said getting up

"Im about to leave anyway, Just wanted to ask you that"

She nodded and I walked in the house and saw CJ sliding off the couch rubbing his eyes, I smiled and walked over ot him and picked him up..He laid his head on my shoulder..

"You have a good nap buddy"

He nodded his head..I kissed his cheek, and grabbed his bag and went back on the porch..I thanked my sister for watching him then I got him in the car and we headed home..

That Night

I woke up with the weirdest feeling going through my body..I had this weird dream bout Chase, he was in this hospital bed just layin there with this blank expression on his face when I looked at the name on his bed it said Unknown, it was weird, then when I walked over to him and tried to see if he was ok..He looked at me and told me he was coming home..then I woke up...I have dreams like that sometimes about him..but I have never woke feeling weird like that..like it was actually going to happen..I couldnt go back to sleep after that..So I got up and walekd down to CJ's rom to check on him, surprisingly he was sitting up in his bed just looking around..

"CJ baby, what are you doing up"

I said walking over to him and picking him up..

"Daddy..I saw Daddy"

He said looking around like he was trying to find him..CJ was only 3 months onld when Chase died so he's too young to really remember him, but I talk to him about him alot and show him his picture, he may not be here, but I always want him to know who his daddy was and that he loved us..It was a little weird that both me and CJ had dreams with Chase in it, but then again things happen..

"Come on you wanna sleep with mommy tonight"

He nodded and layed his head agaisnt my chest

"Ok lets go back to mommys room"

I said kissing the top of his head and carrying him down to my room..I put him ont he side, Chase use to sleep on and pulled the covers on him and then I got in..I pulled his little body to mine and wrapped my arms around him..

"Night night Love you"

I said to him

"Love you mommy"

I dont know I just felt this presence around me that tonight..like somebody was there for something..I dont know..I felt like for some reason, Chase was there..

"Good night Chase, love you baby"

I dont know hy I said it but I did, maybe he could hear me, who knows, within a couple o fminutes CJ was out and I wasnt that far behind him..