CHAPTER 2: Girls just wanna have fun

Suggested songs: Best day of my life - American Authors, Stay-Rihanna

'"Human beings have speculated about the relationship between inspiration and insanity for centuries.-Patty Duke"

Chapter 2: Girls just want to have fun.

Today was luckily my day off, I had Mrs.Hudson watching the kids while I went out to get groceries. I sighed as I carried the heavy groceries upstairs from the car. I opened the door to the flat and then carried them in, and to my surprise Sherlock was home for once.

"Well that's surprising, you're actually home for once. Why aren't you working on a case?" I asked. He must have been working on something because he didn't respond to my question.

"Did you hear me?" I asked softly. Sherlock sighed slightly in annoyance

"I am in my mind palace, would you be so kind and leave me in peace?" He said curtly. Yup, that just confirmed he was working on a case, he is normally pretty antisocial when he is thinking. I huffed ,now clearly agitated and walked up into Mrs.Hudson's flat. I gently knocked on the door and waited a few minutes before she answered it.

"Gwen darling! I was just feeding the boys their lunch. Are you here to pick the up so early?" She asked with a small smile.

"Oh! I thought you wanted them picked up right after I got back" I said softly. She smiled and shook her head.

"Oh no! They remind me of my grand children back in the states, I love every minute I have with them! You're welcome to come inside or leave them here for a little while longer" Mrs.Hudson said with a warm smile.

"You are a saint, thank you. I'll be back around six to get them" I said with a smile as I kissed her cheek. My phone buzzed as I walked down the stairs. I looked to see that I had received a text from Mary.

Hey girl, up for a girls night out? More like a girls day out but same difference:) ? xx Mary

I quickly typed back my response with a huge grin on my face.

I'm totally up for it! I'll be over in fifteen :) can't wait. xx- GH

I ran up the stairs to go change into something cute, I quickly braided my hair before I put on a Huntington Beach tank top and workout pants. I slipped on some running shoes that matched then ran back down the stairs into my car. I was excited, Mary and I haven't had a girls night in forever. She was my best friend, I was so happy John had introduced us a while back. I got in my car then quickly drove off to Mary's house. I knocked on the door and to my surprise John answered the door, he looked different. He had a blonde mustache upon his upper lip and it took every bit of my self control not to laugh at it.

"Oh!Gwen, it's nice to see you! How have you been?" He said with a smile.

"Pretty good, I've been training all the rookies at work. That's been fun" I said giving him a hug. He hugged me back then let me inside.

"Ohh I remember training all of the rookies when I was In the army, man that must be tiring" he laughed. Mary ran out of her room and smiled at me.

"Are you Ready to go?" She asked with a smile.

"Yep, just waiting on you Chiquita" I said with a grin.

"Well you girls have fun, be careful" John said giving Mary a kiss on her cheek, he smiled at us as we walked out from her house.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked with a smile as we got into my car.

"Mmm I dunno. A movie, shopping maybe some delicious frozen yogurt" she said with a grin.