CHAPTER 7: You Again

Suggested songs: The Clown-Beecake, Creep-Radiohead

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you."

― Rita Mae Brown

Chapter 7: You Again

(Sherlock p.o.v)

Ever since Gwen had left Seren and Sky had been very fussy , it was often hard to think because of their crying. Thankfully, my mother managed to take them off of my hands for a while, so I could focus on one of the biggest cases I have ever worked on. we were currently trying to find the Edgar allen Poe serial killer, or that was what John called it, That was a few weeks ago before our big fight, now I had Molly as my assistant.

" All very interesting, Sherlock, but the terror alert has been raised to Critical." We sat across froom each other infront of the fireplace, there wasn't a fire lit nor was I dressed in my normal work clothes, I wasnt going out todaay so I didn't find it nessecary to change from my pajamas. i made a move in the game we were playing then sat back and locked eyes with my brother.

" Boring. Your move." I uninterestedly muttered.

"We have solid information. An attack is coming." Mycoft uttered glancing down to make his move

" "Solid information." A secret terrorist organisation's planning an attack - that's what secret terrorist organisations do, isn't it? It's their version of golf."

" An agent gave his life to tell us that."

"Oh, well, perhaps he shouldn't have done. He was obviously just trying to show off."

" None of these markers of yours is behaving in any way suspiciously? Your move." Mycroft said curtly as he made his move, I was getting under his skin and I knew it!

": No, Mycroft, but you have to trust me. I'll find the answer. It'll be in an odd phrase in an online blog, or an unexpected trip to the countryside, or a misplaced Lonely Hearts ad." I said quickly glancing down and making my move then looking back up at my brother. " Your move."

"I've given the Prime Minister my personal assurance you're on the case." Mycroft said looking down then meeting my gaze again.

"I am on the case. We're both on the case. Look at us right now." as I spoke, there was a loud buzzing and a flashing of a red light.

"Oh, bugger!" Mycroft exasperated as he angrily dropped the small tweezers he was using in our game of Operation.

:"Oopsie!" I said sarcastically. Mycroft returned the piece to the board, making sure to see what piece he had failed to remove." Can't handle a broken heart - how very telling.: I said with a smug grin as i leaned back and crossed my legs.

:" Don't be smart." Mycroft scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

"That takes me back" I sighed. "Don't be smart, Sherlock. I'm the smart one." I said raising my voice to make it sound like i was imitating a child.

"I am the smart one." He said with a glare.

" I used to think I was an idiot" I grumbled under my breath.

" Both of us thought you were an idiot, Sherlock. We had nothing else to go on 'til we met other children." He muttered crossing his arms.

"Oh, yes. That was a mistake.

"Ghastly. What were they thinking of?"

"Probably something about trying to make friends.

"Oh yes. Friends. Of course, you go in for that sort of thing now."