01: Choosing

*Don't spam the comment section, please. Comment as you please but no spam*

"Sis, please just listen to me." Reese said.

"Reese, you cannot change my gender or the law. You can accept my fate, and love me no matter who chooses me."

"You know that's not something I can do, Symphony" he countered.

"No one is taking this easy but mom. You realize that's how they met right and without that we wouldn't be here! I'm not excited about this and neither is anybody in this house but mom supports me so instead of bringing up the choosing every time I'm in the room with you.  How about you just sit there and speak to me about other shit! Be undercover protective because this, in the face shit, is not going to fucking work!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry?" He questioned.

It's not my fucking choice to stand in front of a bunch of horny males aging from eighteen to barely alive bidding their life expenses for a female. They try to teach us to respect ourselves and love each other but that shit is harder to do when we're treated liked prizes. I had no attention on my own consciousness to subject myself to that. So Reese can go shove whatever he thinking into his own ass about using my free will. What fucking free will? If I didn't arrive on time I would be manhandled into a bus with other crying and weak women.

I didn't say anything to him as I walked away from him and into the kitchen. I needed him to leave me the fuck alone about my situation. I hated the idea of being bought, I feel objectified and I hate that feeling. I went right to their bowl of oatmeal waiting on me at the island where I usually eat breakfast.

"Good morning mom." I greeted picking up my spoon.

"Morning Arlo. You and Reece leave for school in five." Mom told me.

I nodded at her and started eating my oatmeal a bit faster than I normally would. Stupid Reece kept me from my breakfast and now I have to scarf it down or we would leave late. Dad walked into the kitchen as I made the halfway mark of finishing my breakfast. I watched as he walked up to mom and kissed her on the cheek before pouring both their cups of coffee. He glanced at me, smiled and fully turned to face me with a mug full of coffee.

"Finish with that the choosing is today and you're already late." He told me.

"What? That's not for another tw-"

There was an urgent knock on the door and the three of us looked at each other. I got up out my seat and walked to the front door calmly. Even though my heart was hammering in my chest like it was about to fall out. I was not ready to say goodbye to my family. I was supposed to have another two days. I opened the door slowly but as soon as it was cracked just a bit, it was shoved all the way open. I stepped back just in time so the door wouldn't smash my face into another galaxy. I couldn't even situate myself before hands were grabbing me and pulling me out the door.

"Get you fucking hands off of me, I can walk to the damn car from my own front door!" I yelled.

"Please, ma'am. I only wish to hurry this along because you are not the only stop in this block. I cannot have you be the one taking up fifteen minutes when we are on a very tight schedule. Do you understand."

"I understand very well but I need you to understand that you do not put your hands in me period." I told him in a deadly calm voice.

"Yes ma'am. Please, get on the bus. Your things are already loaded up." She told me.

I climbed on the bus willingly so that girl didn't have to touch me. I sat in a seat that was empty as I heard girls chattering about me. What most of them were saying was true and others were wrong. Nobody but myself knew which was true or false and nobody but me ever will.

They immediately took off when servant girl sat down and I had nothing else to do but stare out the window, so that's what I did. Stared at the passing green and little kids playing together out the window. I envied their innocence, something I once had but lost a couple years back. Too bad, so sad, I'll cry a river about it later

What you thought I'd be sad over that. Boohoo, and yes, I'm talking to you!

When we got to the warehouse where the choosing would be taking place. They shuffled us out grabbing us by our arms and dragging us off the bus. I struggled the entire way yelling at them until we were inside the warehouse and I was stuck into some line.

"Fucking bastard! Unhand me when I tell you to and don't touch me at all. Keep your disgusting paws off of me!: I yelled at them.

I was immediately slapped in the face and shoved in the direction of the stage. "Shut the fuck up, get on stage and wait for the instructions." he whispered in a strict voice,

"Fuck off!" I spat walking onto the stage.

I was told to stand on place marker on the stage. So I did and immediately they started my auction. I stood there and waited somewhat for this to be over with. But I already knew I had the ignition to go through right after I've been bought so I sucked it up.  I tuned in to the last bidding session because this is the one that determines my fate.

"Ten million going once....twice...so-" The announcer started.

"Fifteen million!" Someone exclaimed in the back.

Holy fuck! That's a fucking lot. Who knew I was worth so much when I've been told all my life how I probably only was worth a little over a million.  I tried looking in the back to see if I could spot the dude that said so much but there was way too many people. So I had to wait until he got up here to "claim" me.

"Your name?" The announcer asked.

The guy stood up, I think, and started walking towards the front. "Griffith Matthews." That did nothing for me. He took his sweet time talking on the stage, and it seriously started to aggravate me, I don't have time for this.