06: Netflix and Gifts

I deleted this entire thing and had a mental breakdown trying to get it back. It's like four in the morning. I've been working on this for six hours and that's just counting TODAY! So without further ado, please enjoy my struggle because it is very real.

Xoxo JayKay

“Josiah, make sure she gets her medicine on time and that she is treated well.” Ms. Hawthorne reminded ‘Josiah’.

“I will mom. No need to be worried, I know how to treat women.” Josiah told her.

I didn't want to wake up but I kind of wanted to know where I was. I wasn't panicking like I thought I would be around another male relative of Griffith or any relative of his for that matter. I guess because Ms. Hawthorne was still here, and you know she saved me from that hell hole, I just knew she would do everything to keep me safe. I was tired and no doubt weak right now so I left myself drift back off to sleep. Well, I started to drift off until their conversation started to get interesting.

“No, listen. Medicine, food, rest. Keep her away from the woods and don't leave her out of your sight for too long. I have a feeling Griffith will be back.” Ms. Hawthorne said.

“I promise mom. She's safe here.” Josiah reassured her.

“Okay, I trust you. I would really love to stay and wait for her to wake up to tell her about the situation myself but I really must be on my way. I have a meeting to attend in half an hour.” Ms. Hawthorne said.

“I'm sure she'll be fine. You can talk to her on the phone. I don't want you to be late to your meeting.” Josiah told her

“Alright, Josiah.” She said in a dismissing tone. I could hear her heels clacking over my way and her breath on my ear, “Trust him just enough, Symphony, good luck.” She whispered in my ear.

She brushed my baby hair out my face before she left me alone. I heard her heels clicking to the door before it opened and closed softly after her. I relaxed my body and then let my body drift back to sleep. I've never felt this tired in my life and now I had the chance to sleep until I couldn't any longer. I was going to take this opportunity to my advantage.

.

.

.

This time when I woke up, I opened my eyes but; before I got to that stage, I noticed a variety of things. The hand holding my good hand. The ding of a person's cell phone and the weight on my good leg. I looked around the room and noticed a pretty decent looking guy from this angle. I didn't mind much, at least he didn't look like a fourth year old in a sixty year olds body. I tried to slide my hand out his grip but he only tightened it so I took my other hand, which I noticed was casted, I thought it wasn't broken. It was a nice blue color, which happened to be one of my favorite colors.

“Symphony, is something wrong with the cast?” A voice snapped me out my thoughts.

I looked at Josiah in front of me and kind of flinched. He took that as a sign to let go of my good hand and I slowly slid it to my side. I wouldn't say I was panicking but I was. My heart rate sped up and so did this annoying little beeping indicating to me that I was in a hospital. Good, I hate these things so much, all they ever did for me was bring me safely into this world and shit on every ounce of happiness I have ever had in my life. Josiah watched me for a second before moving and at from me and hitting the nurse button.

“Why do I have it? I didn't think it was broken?” I whispered asked. This is me testing the waters to see if I actually was safe with this stranger.