11: Crown and Paparazzi

"What's going on in here?"  A voice of authority called.

We both froze with a spoon full of batter in the air about to be flung. I dropped mine and straightened up and Josiah did the same. We both turned to the voice and was quite surprised. Mrs. Paige was standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips staring the two of us down. I inched my way behind Josiah to get out the line of fire even if I was equally as guilty as Josiah. A couple maids passed the room and Mrs. Paige stopped all four of them.  She said something quietly to them and they bowed politely before rushing in here.

"Josiah, you have a meeting to attend in thirty and Symphony, I believe you have a shopping trip in an hour. Both of you, clean yourselves up." She ordered us.

Josiah grabbed his lunch in the bag and left the room and I collected both my crutches and my small backpack with my lunch in it and walked right after him. As I passed Mrs. Paige, she handed me a bag. I took the elevator, I learned about earlier up to my floor and walked into my room. I put my lunch on my bed, and trudged to the bathroom. I carefully peeled off my dirty clothes and put them into the right hamper and started the shower. I had an hour, so I took  my time showering and getting as much egg, flour and batter out of my hair. When I was sure I was clean and erased any evidence of the food war that took place earlier, I got out the shower and wrapped a clean towel around my body and then another one around my hair.

I took this moment to look in the bag that Mrs. Paige gave me. Inside of it, there was a light blue dress that almost looked white if you didn't observe it closely. The bottom entailed of what looked like fifty layers. They didn't have a lot of fluffiness to them, so it didn't poof out like a ball gown or a wedding dress. It looked casual, and I guess that's what she was going for. I put the dress to the side and went back to the bag and pulled out a coat that was longer than the dress, and went wider as you got to the bottom. It reminded me of red riding hood's cape because it resembled that with the hood and the one clasp at the top to hold it together. The royal crest thing was on the back of it like the gate doors. I put it down with the dress and this time pulled out a hat box out of the bag. I opened the velvet box and inside was a tiara? Shrugging, I put that to the side also. I turned around and opened the drawer with my bras and put on a nude one and put on some underwear as well. I dried my hair before I started attending to it. Today, I curled the ends of my hair before letting them hang naturally. I put on the dress, careful not to tear anything before putting on the cape and finally the tiara. I walked out my bathroom and straight to my closet to get a pair of shoes. I reluctantly chose a pair of light blue heels and slid them onto my feet.

I stepped out my closet, and checked the time. I had about fifteen minutes to eat my lunch, so I took everything out the bag and opened the container that was labeled first. So I ate the small fruit salad first with yoghurt mixed in with it. Delicious as always. Then I ate the last two containers in order the last few minutes of my lunch. Exactly when I finished, there was a knock on my door. Instead of telling them to come in, I got out of my bed and fixed myself. Adjusting what needed to be, like my tiara, and left my lunch where it was. I grabbed one of my crutches to walk, and opened the door to my room. Bambi was waiting patiently for me and as soon as she saw me, she smiled and bowed at me. The first time doing so since we met.

"Lady Symphony, you're safety team is waiting for you downstairs. Kyle will fill you on what you will be doing outside of the gates. I will see you after dinner." Bambi informed me before walking away.

I shrugged, and walked to the elevator. Every maid I passed stopped to curtsey at me and say a few words. It made me uncomfortable especially since this didn't happen before. Once in the elevator, I pressed the ground floor and was greeted by silence until it stopped and I had to get out. I was greeted by even more curtsies and bows from everybody I passed. I kept my head down, it was really starting to freak me out. I finally made it over to my safety team and once they saw me, all five of me kneeled to me. It wasn't as weird since they've done that every time they see me. Mrs. Paige was also with them and she curtsied at me.