12: Why?

"Dunnuts, I can carry this myself. It's only a couple bags." I complained.

"No time for arguing, Ms. Arlo. Nicolei and I will take this to your room, Maria will escort you to your office to look over some documents." Xander explained.

Right as he finished, Maria walked into the house with a couple bags along with Nicolei, whose hands were full. Xander took the couple bags from Maria than he and Nicolei disappeared down a hallway.

"Right, let's get you to your office." Maria said walking to the elevator.

I followed Maria to the elevator, taking my time catching up. Every jar of candy I passed, I stopped and took out a few, thankfully it was only like five or six jars. When I finally got the the elevator, Maria was waiting patiently with her arm sticking out the door so the elevator wouldn't close. She removed her hand as I stepped through so the door would close, and pressed a button for a floor. I didn't know what floor we were going on since the numbers were rubbed off from overuse. Whatever floor it was, it was very close to the ground floor since it only took a couple seconds to get to there. Once the door opened, the two of us stepped out and Maria led me to my office. We walked in silence having nothing to really talk about until we got to my office. She held the door for me to step in first then closed it after herself. She stood blocking the door and left me alone to do what I needed to.

I walked around and stopped in the middle of the office, I observed my surroundings, trying to get a feel for it. For what I could tell the office wasn't designed to look like a boring, traditional one. All of the walls were painted a light blue color except for the one that was completely covered with a world map. The world map had a corner of thumbtacks on it and a case of dry erase markers. It had to be a bulletin board made dry erase. Another wall had a chair hanging from the ceiling with a bookshelf was. Wall art was scattered around the room so the walls were not bare. My favorite one said, "hashtag I don't know". Under it was a small desk covered papers. On the desk, there were bins marked "veto" and "pass", right by it was a laptop that was decorated with Supernatural stickers, which was something I adored right now, and was charging at the moment. One the other side of the room was a large couch and a coffee table in front of it. There were blankets hanging on the back of the couch, which definitely looked like something I would like to swarm myself in on a cold night. On the coffee table was a tea set and a bunch of board games under it. Pushed on the side was a smaller table with organizers stacked under it that held a microwave, coffee maker, and a mini fridge on it. I could only guess the drawers held snacks and things of that nature. On the wall, right above the table, was a small sign that said, "revive yourself." All in all, this room that was now mine, felt like it could be a very cozy, little escape from the world for me.

I walked over to the desk and shifted all the papers to grab the laptop. I would make sense of all the papers and sort them out when I had the time. I unplugged the laptop from its charger and went to sit down on the couch. When I was comfortable enough, I turned on the laptop and waited for it to start up. It didn't take a long time, but it wasn't extremely fast either. As soon as it was on though, I looked around the desktop for anything that stuck out to me. Nothing caught my eye so I moved on to the toolbar. A video icon was pinned to it, so I clicked on it. When the app was up, only one video was saved on it. It was titled with my name and the words "watch when you find this." Curious, I clicked on it and it immediately started playing. There was no sound yet, and then all of a sudden, Josiah's face popped up in what I guess was his office. He had this look of frustration on his face and his lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything. After a couple seconds, the sound problem was fixed and I could now hear him.

"Can you hear me now? Yeah? Alright, thanks Kev, you're the best!" Josiah exclaimed before turning his attention back to the camera. "I don't have much longer because of the stupid sound problem. As I said earlier but you couldn't hear me, Symphony, welcome to your office! I apologize for not showing it to you myself but I am, as you are now watching this, in a meeting about my behavior as a soon-to-be-king. That's not as important right now. The paperwork you have to do is quite simple. Read the letter of agreement for Kanipe to take half of no man's land by Shelton and read the reasons and conditions that they both have set then either pass it or veto it. Then do the same for the argument of Charbonnet and Caruso. The rest of your time you can do whatever with until dinner. If you need me or just want to hang out you can page me. My meeting isn't that important you won't be bothering me."